Thank you for "2009 VW Jetta TDI ABS Code 01130 - Implausible Signal" posting!!

cjblitz

Reaction score
My daughter was fortunate to buy a 2009 Rabbit with 84000 miles about a year ago. It's my first experience with VW having been a gearhead for the past 40+ years.
She's the second owner of a car that was always serviced at a local dealership. When she told me the dashboard lit up with ABS, traction control, and BRAKE lights I scanned it with my OBDII reader and got a 01130 DTC. Upon searching the internet for a fix, I came upon the "2009 VW Jetta TDI ABS Code 01130 - Implausible Signal" posting on this site. The amazing descriptions and experiences posted armed me with the info that I needed to take it to the dealership. The recall software update was documented from a 2017 service visit from the previous owner. After the dealership conducted a diagnostic scan, the Service Advisor told us the ABS module needed to be replaced, but is not eligible for warranty repair since the "recall has been fulfilled." I disagreed and presented him with the Policies and Procedures Bulletin/ # VWP-17-03, from VW, which states the recall extension. The advisor was still animate that we would have to pay $2,400 for the repair. When I wanted to elevate the situation to the Service Manager, he said the issue has been raised to VW corporate and we would have to wait to hear from them. Days later when my daughter called for an update, the Service Advisor, reluctantly, informed her that the parts had been ordered for the repair and that it would be covered under warranty.
I was disappointed with my first experience with this dealership and their reluctance to repair the recalled safety defect.
I joined this forum to express my sincere and overwhelming gratitude for providing me with the information, down to the specific extended codes, to bring this episode to a favorable end.
Thank you for the site!

Back