Not open for further replies.

gangitano85

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=531362
Good morning,

I am having trouble with registering my HEX-V2. I bought it via a reseller here in the UK, and followed all the steps. It is working but I always get a message in VCDS that more information is available in the registered version. I got a confirmation that the registration is ok from this email address, but on the about screen I get the first image in the attachment. Even when I connect it to my car, the status does not change to verified. When I close VCDS and start it again, the about page reverts back to what you can see in the second screen.
I thought that it had to do with me putting in the information of my future new address in Belgium (as I bought the HEX-V2 in the UK), so I changed it to my UK address and also changed the email address to the one I used to purchase it. Of course, now the whole registration is under review.
Could you please help me?

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
It appears that you Are Verified ; note green band below your avatar.

Be sure the cable is plugged into the vehicle, key On (KOEO key on engine off). Next, from the Release page choose options , click Test (choose port , Net or USB, then OK on small menu), and then Save. (note pop-up balloon!).

Then while you are there do a Auto-Scan! Also, if you have a battery charger, I would use that as well while you have the key in the ON position. (turn off all accessories and head lamps also).

Here is a video also ; apparently you do not have to have the cable plugged into the vehicle to Test.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Since you're already Verified, I've split this from How to get Verified.

I am having trouble with registering my HEX-V2.
Based on what I can see on our servers, your HEX-V2 is fully registered. In fact, you have finalized both Transaction IDs we supplied, one with your address in BE and one in UK.

What's I see in the screen-shots you posted above is usually a Windows permissions problem. Please ensure that your user account has full read/write access to the folder in which you have VCDS installed.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back