Status
Not open for further replies.

AJCO

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=378519
Hi, hoping to get some help on how to replace connector/cable form that is leaking anti freeze. Not sure if its a cable replacement as it seems like its got multiple branches or perhaps the connector can be replaced only? Any idea on part numbers? Please see pics here.

car8.jpg
car6.jpg
car5.jpg
car2.jpg
car3.jpg
car1.jpg
car4.jpg
car7.jpg

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

Hi, hoping to get some help on how to replace connector/cable form that is leaking anti freeze. Not sure if its a cable replacement as it seems like its got multiple branches or perhaps the connector can be replaced only? Any idea on part numbers?

Electrical cables and connectors are NOT supposed to leak engine coolant. If it is a coolant hose, that is different and the use of a coolant system pressure tester can be very helpful locating and pin-pointing coolant leaks.

The 'Part numbers' are typically printed on each of the connectors, you may need a magnifying glass to read them, they are almost micro-print.

By the way.... Do you have currently or have you ever had this fault code linked below?
P2755 - Transmission Fluid Cooler Control Circuit High
(see the notes at the bottom of the Ross-Tech wiki page)

I asked this because, it is possible for engine coolant to leak out of various electrical components that have direct contact with the engine coolant. These components can then leak coolant into their electrical connector(s) and into the wiring harness, which now acts like a wick/conduit for the coolant to follow. This coolant 'migration' can end up going into the Engine, Transmission or other controllers and causing a lot of damage.

You should first start by disconnecting the connectors on these valves, sensors and pumps that have direct contact with the engine coolant and inspecting them for any moisture/coolant or damage. If found, you will need to replace the leaking component and then inspect the rest of the harness and connectors, including the large connectors at the control modules.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

AJCO

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=378519
Hi Dr Peter, thank you for the response.
I did some more digging. Its actually the coolant temperature sensor. I am hoping its just the seal ring and it has degraded. I bought the parts today and hope to install this weekend. If its not this its the water pipe ... and this will be a major pain to replace.

Best Regards
A.J.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back