Recent content by rhodebump

1. R

VCDS not reporting much of anything "Excessive Comm Errors" is this a bad ECU?

No aftermarket radio is installed. That is interesting about the failing ABS unit. I will have to research that, I did not expect one failing controller to take down everything.
  2. R

VCDS not reporting much of anything "Excessive Comm Errors" is this a bad ECU?

1999 VW Passat B5 is not running well (stalls frequently, the exhaust does not smell normal) Performed an auto scan and it took several minutes but VCDS does not appear to be connecting to any of the controllers. I also tried connecting to specific controllers and I get a message of "No...
  3. R

99 VW Passat Transmission in Limp Mode

Is the schematic for the TCM pins documented anywhere? There's a lot of wires!
  4. R

Thanks for explaining that. Time to buy some kerosene and get back to work. Thanks again
  5. R

I put a voltmeter on the wires going to the solenoid. There is always 12V running to the shift selector solenoid when ignition on (14v when engine running). The voltage drops down to zero when I hit the brake pedal. I thought since this was the expected behavior, the wiring would be good...
  6. R

If I clear the codes, the transmission gear indicator on the dashboard appears normal and no transmission faults occur on scan. If I start the car, transmission indicator lights up showing limp mode. I replaced the TCM on this car a couple of years ago and put the module in a plastic bag...
Back