Tried to use OBD II. Interface not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Chambers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=417855
I first scanned my Audi in October 2020 I. Haven’t used the OBD2 interface since. Today tried to scan car again and program said to update firmware but my obd2 interface isn’t being found by my same laptop that I originally used. It shows up on device manager as USB SERIAL CH340(COM4). Managed to find the correct program to update software (not firmware I think) to v 22(?) but interface still not found. Any advice? I don’t know how to post a picture So it’s the blue interface with OBD II on one side and KKL VAG-COM for 409.1 on the other.

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You have a HEX-V2. You need to use that with the full (non-Lite) version of VCDS. You cannot use the full (non-Lite) version of VCDS with a blue KKL interface.

-Uwe-

Scott Chambers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=417855
Thanks
You have a HEX-V2. You need to use that with the full (non-Lite) version of VCDS. You cannot use the full (non-Lite) version of VCDS with a blue KKL interface.

-Uwe-
im not sure what I need to do. It looks like you’re saying in the first sentence I have to use the full version and in the second sentence I can’t use the full version?
Also, everything worked fine in October 2020, but when I tried to use yesterday it wasn’t recognising the interface before I updated software. It said go to options-test and that was the point it said no interface.

I’m using the full VCDS version.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
With the lead that says KKL VAG-COM on the side you need to use the VCDS-Lite software.

What Uwe is saying is that registered to you is a newer HEX-V2 lead that has to be used with the full VCDS software - you would be far better finding that HEX-V2 and using that with VCDS.

Scott Chambers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=417855
Have I been really stupid and picked up the wrong interface?

• Haha
Reactions: JMR

Scott Chambers

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=417855
Brilliant. I did wonder why my Hex-V2 (or what I thought was)looked different to the pictures.
Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back