2020 Skoda Octavia 2.0 tdi technology compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tebba

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a Ross tech device for my newly aquired 2020 Skoda octavia mk3 facelift and for my older mk2 octavia to save on future diagnostics etc , could someone advise me which will have the best compatibility with the newer Octavia as have read on various forums that some of the cars modules are not fully supported with Ross Tech at the moment?

Thank you Paul

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm not sure whether this is still a straightforward MQB car, or MQB-evo ("Mk.8").

Can you give us the VIN please? You can leave off the last 3 or 4 digits for privacy.

-Uwe-

Tebba

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, my vin is TMBBJ7NE3L0098965 (last 3 digits omitted) , cheers Paul

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
A MK3 FL Octavia should be MQB so a HEX-V2 or HEX-Net will be fine.

It transitions to MQB-Evo (Golf MK8 style) with the introduction of the MK4 Octavia :thumbs:

Tebba

Reaction score
A MK3 FL Octavia should be MQB so a HEX-V2 or HEX-Net will be fine.

It transitions to MQB-Evo (Golf MK8 style) with the introduction of the MK4 Octavia :thumbs:
Hi thanks for that, what I think I'll do is try and find someone in my area with Ross Tech so they can try it out on my car, if all OK I'll go ahead and buy one 👍

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Hi thanks for that, what I think I'll do is try and find someone in my area with Ross Tech so they can try it out on my car, if all OK I'll go ahead and buy one 👍
Make sure it's someone with a (genuine) HEX-V2 or HEX-NET then, as 2019-on models aren't supported by the previous generation interfaces (HEX+CAN, Micro-CAN etc.)

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
I'm in East Anglia if it helps and there are plenty of VCDS owners over on briskoda who are happy to help :)

Tebba

Reaction score
I'm in East Anglia if it helps and there are plenty of VCDS owners over on briskoda who are happy to help :)
Hi, thanks for the offer, unfortunately though I'm near Walsall in the midlands so a bit too far, I'm also a member on briskoda so I'll pop the question on there, cheers Paul

Tebba

Reaction score
Just purchased a 3 vin version from Gendan Ltd, should arrive Tues, fingers crossed its fully compatible 🤞

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
So, Tebba, were all above correct (!) ? Are you enjoying your purchase!

Tebba

Reaction score
Yeah works 99.9% on my 2020 Octavia, just can't reach two modules in the passenger rear and drivers rear doors? Works 100% on my older 2008 mk2 Octavia though 👍

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
I'm 99.9% sure the rear modules are integrated in the fronts, and this is the usual conflicting report by the front that rears are installed. Feel free to post an autoscan to confirm.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back