Car (actually a dirtbike!) is NOT ISO/OBD-2 Compatible…

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
As @Uwe said earlier in the thread, there are different ways to initiate a session. Our guess is that the bike module wants a different method from what we use on VAG cars. All per protocol.

So he asked you try the fast init. You said you could not find that... He wants you to change the state on the Options screen of the "Bypass OBDII Fast Init" checkbox. Then try again.

tsorel1600

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239710
I recently updated my VCDS so I only see “Force K on engine”, “Bypass CAN Init”, and “Bypass K Init” on the options screen.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
There are two there that deal with the K-Lines..

We've told you the module uses the K-line...

Play with the checkboxes for the K-line. Tell us what happens.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
I'm not sure the HEX-NET/v2 supports K-line fast init at this point. I can't say for sure because all VCDS can do is request a session open for OBD2 with either CAN or K-Line. @Shaun would know for sure.

tsorel1600

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239710
There are two there that deal with the K-Lines..

We've told you the module uses the K-line...

Play with the checkboxes for the K-line. Tell us what happens.
I had checked and unched both of those boxes last night with no change. The OBD2 signal is not recognized. I will poke around with it some more later but I’m afraid I will need to move on and try my luck with the disposable scanners to read and clear my trouble codes. Thanks so much for the help.

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
I've also replaced "Car" with "Vehicle" in the VCDS source so we can be more technically correct while failing at this ;)

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I really don’t want one of those (edit: ie a cheap amazon scanner), I want to continue using the quality tools (edit: VCDS) I already own and figure that someone else has had the same problems on their Hondas, BMWs, etc.
Your a verified member, I would just hang in there and try what is advised and then report back ;as stated and implied above). There is more than enough talent here to solve this for you (one way or another) ; its just going to take a little time. Wait for some of the other members to join in as someone will accept the challenge!

Also, you may have to Bump the thread once in a while to bring it back to the forums attention. Be patient! ;)

Last edited:

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I'm not sure the HEX-NET/v2 supports K-line fast init at this point. I can't say for sure because all VCDS can do is request a session open for OBD2 with either CAN or K-Line. @Shaun would know for sure.

Fast Init is not currently supported. If this does require fast init, it's doubtful it will work at the moment.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
@tsorel1600 - Shaun and Eric are the software developers. You now have the answer you need. The HEX-V2 that you have does not support the fast init which what Uwe, owner of RT, thinks your module requires. The HEX-NET does support fast init I believe because I saw a thread about it being there.

Sounds like the inexpensive OBD reader is what you will need for the 2021 Beta 200rr.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
And I can confirm, just tested second time since 2017, on a Fiat controller that is using fast init.
HEX-NET2 with VCDS 23.11.0 and VCDS-Mobile, and HEX-V2, has no connection on ISO14230 fast init 10.4 Kbaud
Scantool interface support fast connection.

Last edited:

tsorel1600

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239710
Does this sound right? I have the VCDS license with a HEX-NET Mobile (wifi and USB) interface, currently running release 23.11.0 x64. How can I see if I have the HEX-V2 version? Mine is the black version of this.

usb.jpg

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I do not believe either HEX-NET or HEX-V2 support fast init at this time, and I think NEtech just confirmed that.

tsorel1600

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239710
OK. It sounded like he said it was supporting fast init on his Fiat. Reading again, slowly, I see that the Fiat expects fast init and that neither controller supports it.

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
I did write that.. and i thought I read in a thread that it did support it.. shows that the old man doesnt know. Sorry for the confusion.

tsorel1600

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=239710
I bought a generic code reader at O’Reilly’s that did the trick. If I had more problems with my VWs, I would probably use my VCDS more often but the cars are always fine and the reader doesn’t see much action. I was glad to pull it back out and attempt to use it on the bike. Thanks all for the help.

Back