Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
it also has that CAN fault. It says "infotainment". Is that because of the aftermarket stereo or is there another issue that needs to be addressed?
It's the aftermarket stereo - it doesn't support the VW diagnostics, hence the "problem" - which you can ignore if the radio is operating and turning on/off correctly.

Raptor357r

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389885
Awesome, Thanks Dave.

Any thoughts on the ABS module? Does it NEED to be replaced?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Any thoughts on the ABS module? Does it NEED to be replaced?
Personally I would want ABS working - you may drive carefully but you can't always predict what the other drivers will do.

I can't say I've followed the detail of this thread - but if you've checked all the connections, fuses, etc. then why not investigate a remanufactured unit to reduce the cost of replacement?

Reactions: Uwe

Raptor357r

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389885
I can't find a refurbished unit only new or used. Used are running under $125, but who know what you're getting.

I've checked all of the fuses and the connections are they are clean and free from corrosion. The unit, in fact the entire car, looks brand new. I put 45K on it in the first 2 years and it's been a garage queen ever since only going on a couple of long trips and the to the occasional stereo show over the past 9 years. The stereo has won 7 best in sound awards going up against cars with were factory sponsored Pioneer, Sony, and JL spec cars. That's one of the main reason I don't sell it, I love the stereo and I'd never get anywhere near what it's worth. Besides it is super fun to drive.

Raptor357r

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389885
Check that! I just found a refurbished unit for $314.

Raptor357r

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=389885
Any idea on which one to get? The pump on my car is a 1K0 614 517 BD. The scan shows the module as 1K0 907 379 AD.

The parts dealer shows my pump being replaced with the 1K0 614 517 BJ Unknown module number when you run a search on the part number.
When you run the part search by VIN it comes up with 1K0-614-117-AC.

The refurbished dealer has both the BD and the BJ but the module numbers don't match the one from the scan, but says the parts MUST be exact or the part will not work.

Any help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back