B9 2018 MLBEVO tweak the tweak help needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs5iswicked

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=116247
Can someone point me in the right direction - looking for help w/the following

1) Car has HBA from the factory but it resets after every re-start (in other words, push the stalk forward and it works for just THAT drive and upon re-start, it needs to be turned back on)

2) Car has multi-color ambient lighting from the factory: would like the ambient lights to turn on when you approach/open/unlock the vehicle as is the case in the A6's, etc). All that happens now is the dome lights turn on and the B&O strips illuminate (boring)

3) Rain closing functional (mixed reports on that in other forums, nothing about coding on the MLBEVO platform here)

Any of these that can be code to be enabled/disabled via MMI would be helpful, as well!

All help appreciated....

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^ ^rs5iswicked: Hi.
for 1) - MQB platform cars use ENG141650-ENG116639-Fernlicht_assistent-Fernlichtassistent Reset on the BCM: set to not active

Probably different on MLB-EVO - but it's an easy try

Don

Last edited:

rs5iswicked

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=116247
for 1) - MQB platform cars use ENG141650-ENG116639-Fernlicht_assistent-Fernlichtassistent Reset on the BCM: set to not active

Don

Thanks, Don.
Yeah - tried it.
Doesn't work - in fact, the word "Fernlichtassistent" appears nowhere in that or any of the electronics modules.
I do want to have a play with the "Interior Lights" sub module found in either 9 or 5f to see if I can figure it out from there, or maybe give me some joy on the Ambient Lighting.
Kind of annoying the ambient lighting isn't used as welcome lighting....

rs5iswicked

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=116247

Don

Any chance you know the long coding version of the above?
Maybe the adaptation channel was removed, but there's a way through long coding to accomplish the same???

rs5iswicked

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=116247
Ok - I just found a way, through long coding in 5F, to enable the lights around the interior door handles, to come on when it's dark.... This is in addition to the exterior lights via CH/LH and the interior door handle itself.
However, the light around the interior door handles come on white, and are VERY VERY dim.
The current sacrifice is the overhead interior lights.

I just cannot find the combination that will allow both the overhead lights (either in signature more or otherwise) to come on with the interior door ambient lighting, and the interior overhead lights - of course making the interior doors follow the ambient color selected and/or selected brightness.

Now that I've made this progress, I KNOW there is a way to do this - it's just figuring out the combination.

Last edited:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Ok - I just found a way, through long coding in 5F, to enable the lights around the interior door handles, to come on when it's dark.
Please share the 5F coding change needed to enable this ;)

Reactions: Uwe

rs5iswicked

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=116247
Please share the 5F coding change needed to enable this ;)

I offer this with NO guarantees and there are some sacrifices - I cannot find the perfect combination:

You have to have coming home/leaving home active before this....

Long Coding: 5F, Byte 10
There are several options here (if you have multicolor ambient lights) then there is NO checkbox next to "ambient lights" on Byte 10 as this settings appears in Byte 11 (If I recall) - click this box 5F, Byte 10, Ambient Lighting
Try this first, and if that doesn't work:
Also enable "welcome home" (same Byte).

Once you enable welcome home (or either of these) it seems to disable ALL overhead lighting.
I have no idea why, and that's what I'm trying to solve.
The enabling of very dim white lights around the door handles IMHO, doesn't warrant the loss of the overhead lights when you open the doors.

This might be something with turning on/off signature lighting (same Byte 10).
But I cannot seem to figure out the correct combo so that everything works, and the lights, even if white, are bright enough to warrant the effort.

I also believe the vehicles without multicolor interior lighting are already coded to turn on all the door card lights and multicolor lighting loses this feature, but I cannot be certain (differing reports on different forums).

I believe there are other Leucht settings in other BCM modules that need to be adapted/coded to perfect this coding, but can't seem to get help.
The MLBEvo platforms haven't been explored as well as others, even though its been available on the B9's since 2017....

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
1) parameter-driven, B9.5 (Facelift) has different behaviour now

3) not possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back