Status
Not open for further replies.

gokarty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401142
^^^gokarty: the amount of intra-switch information on erWin WD s seems to vary with the particular car and with the specific model: some WD s simply show the LDS as a "black-box", while others are more generous in their depiction of the inner working of the part.

I have no idea how those in the "Vaterland" decide which approach to adopt (I learnt long ago that the will of these omnipotent deities is well beyond the fragile reasoning of our feeble minds! ;))

Don

Don, okay lol that makes sense

Do you by chance have the WD for a euroswitch?

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Do you by chance have the WD for a euro-switch?

hmm.....if by the term "euro-switch", you mean an LDS that has an AUTO position - then yes, I have a couple of versions but only for a mk7 Golf. Given the need to be kosher -here is a "more official" version that I have used for another purposed:

imZs8mX.png

Don

gokarty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401142
hmm.....if by the term "euro-switch", you mean an LDS that has an AUTO position - then yes, I have a couple of versions but only for a mk7 Golf. Given the need to be kosher -here is a "more official" version that I have used for another purposed:

Don

Yes that's exactly what I needed, euro-switch because here in the US, they don't give us a switch with the "park light position", just off, auto, lowbeam and front fog

Last edited by a moderator:

gokarty

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=401142
I think I have made some headway. I found the exact wire in the terminal position at the headlight that controls the LED DRL strip. I'm waiting for my DMM to come in the mail however meanwhile, do you know how I can find the exact wire (0.5mm^2)? Is there usually a part number associated with individual wires in VW cars?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the same VW repair wire 000979009E (from the Mk6 VW Vortex thread) applies. If in doubt, obtain the part number printed on the T10 connector and that part number can be searched for compatible repair wires.

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
I'm pretty sure the same VW repair wire 000979009E (from the Mk6 VW Vortex thread) applies. If in doubt, obtain the part number printed on the T10 connector and that part number can be searched for compatible repair wires.

VW repair wire 000979009E - is ubiquitous (not just mk6)!
Don

TYItV5g.jpg

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back