Not open for further replies.

FiveInline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=229248
Hi!

I have a Passat B5 with a central locking problem.

It started after i had to force the key into the lock due to cold weather, and use some force to actually
turn the key so i could open the door. I only have central locking using the key in the doors, no buttons.

1: It only unlocks the car, from both driver and passenger door the central locking is working unlocking all doors.
2: If i try to lock the car from the driver door, nothing happens, its not locking the driver door
or any of the other doors.
3: If i try to lock via the passenger door, it only locks that door, central locking is not working.
4: The central locking is working fine if i use the buttons on the inside of the driver door (locks and unlocks)
5: The car does not register any doors open, and the cabin lights front and back stays on.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

AIB Wolfgang

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
Hello

Create auto-scan.
Error in control unit 46.
Door lock defective, microswitch for lock cylinder and lock switch defective, without function.
Cable break to A-pillar

FiveInline

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=229248
Late reply. But i had some fault codes in 46. Driver door and left back door. They where both related to the locking module, and one code related to weak key signal. After i cleared them the central locking is working again. The cabin lights also comes on when all doors are opened. So lets see how long it last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back