2016 Audi S8 possibilities

DallasDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386848
I am interested in modifying the behavior of my 2016 Audi S8 Plus and was looking to get affirmation that my desired modifications are possible. I plan on purchasing the VCDS HEX-V2 for the job.

Based on the Audi forum, I can see that these items can be modified (and I already have the instructions to do so):
*Extended run time for massaging seats
*Open/close windows with remote
*Disable driver's seat chime
*Enable adaptive brake lights
*Disable NAV/Phone warning messages while entering data at speed

What about these options?
*Auto-high beams on by default
*Close trunk with interior switch, remote and/or foot motion
*Forget settings for HVAC, heated seats, radio, etc. (return everything to default when car is restarted)

Is there a list of available modifications? I've searched several different forums and haven't had much luck.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
I can't speak to your particular car or requests, but...

your questions are not unlikely many other peoples queries, but unfortunately the fact is all these vehicles are made up of a huge number of different components and modules.

it is impossible to say up front without an auto-scan, whether something is or isn't possible, only perhaps that it may or may not be possible.

many features are dependent on multiple modules that all must be compatible with each other and have the applicable functions able to be enabled.

further, as new vehicles and modules come out, VAG is locking away many settings/upgrades behind their dealer/mfg 'cloud' as 'feature enable codes', which may prevent (or make difficult) any sort of changes outside of installed options.

hopefully someone with more experience and/or authority on your particular vehicle might be able to more specific insight to your requests.

DallasDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386848
I went ahead and purchased the VCDS HEX-V2 today...so I will run a scan when it arrives and post it here. Thanks for the input.

Back