Hi from New Hope, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1ke TT

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
H11-010048 (2nd Hand)
Hi Folks,

Is there an Andy in the house? I think that was the guys name I met at a porsche dealer cars and coffee event I went to when we picked up a 2002 MK1 TT roadster with 50k miles recently.

We bought it to replace our totaled 1980 FIAT 124 Spider (other driver pulled out in front of me without looking :( ). It came with only one key and, while it starts the car, the buttons don't work. That and the climate control fan was stuck on a low speed, nothing would change it. Other than those two issues, everything works.

I have a Hex V2 scanner that worked on our 2014 A4, but was getting "K1 short to ground" on our new roadster. Oddly one of my FIAT buddies was a TT guy and sold it to me cheap. I presumed this short had something to do with why the key fob and fan didn't work, and I discovered that one of the terminals in the battery fuse box was fried on investigation. I replaced the fuse box, and now the scanner works (no more short to ground) and the climate control functions 100%....but still no fob button functions :( . I bought a second key from the dealer as we wanted one anyway, but have been unsuccessful programming it or the original key. I've followed the key and remote adaptation instructions to no avail, hoping somebody is local to New Hope, PA and willing to teach me the trick. I feared the electrical gremlins on a "modern classic" opposed to just wrenching on the 80 FIAT and sure enough, electrical problem right out of the gate. Thanks for reading...I'm good all things mechanical if anyone needs a hand btw...lmk.

Mike

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Please post a full VCDS Auto-Scan of your new-to-you TT made before the fuse box change - VCDS stores the logs n your PC hard drive, look in the folders below the C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS folder.

Does the TT have an aftermarket radio? These are often culprits for shorting K1 to ground.

Reactions: Uwe

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Hey Mike, I remember meeting you at Holbert's Porsche Warrington. As suggested, please post an AutoScan so we can see what's going on in your TT.

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back