Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardell autos

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57487
Got an issue which has me a little stumped. My customer has complained of a vibration while driving. I've driven it and there was an obvious vibration between 1800 and 2300 revs in any gear but more pronounced in the higher gears. I scanned the car as normal and collected no faults anywhere.... surprisingly. I checked the normal stuff tyres, bearings, wheel shape, drive shafts all had no issues. These checks weren't really needed as it seemed to be a DMF but I wanted to check anyway before committing to the cost of a DMF kit. With the car on the ramp there was a DMF noise coming from the gearbox that could be changed with the clutch pedal being depressed. I went ahead today and changed the DMF but annoyingly it has not fixed the vibration, it has stopped the noise from gearbox though. I'm now a little stuck. The only issue after spending hours looking through live data is the injector contribution rates. All 0.3 except cylinder 3 which is - 1.12. I'm not sure what the correct readings should be but the engine performs perfectly. Idles perfectly and drives fine. Slight lump when revved around the 2000 mark like the vibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back