Not open for further replies.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Nein Mr. Payne.........

Trans numbers would be 300 in the middle group & as aforementioned that's an internal casting number........don't rely on it!

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=313143
Gotcha. I should have VIN tomorrow

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
I have changed about 4 V/B in these for hard up shifts and down shifts. When trans was hot. Cold they seem to shift better.
I don't like the dealer V/B replacements. They are new units but seem to have the same problems after 40K or more.
I always got the more costly rebuilt units that have about 12 or more updates done to them. The new ones are new but same unit no updates.
My rule is drive the car get hot feel the shifts then drop pan if no metal from internal damage. Pull V/B and send it out for rebuild with updates.
Usually they plug and play and trans is fine.
Twice I have had to drop pan again to adjust the solenoids (EDS noids) with a screw on the back.
I relied on the tech support for which to adjust and in what direction to adjust them based on the shift point needed to be adjusted.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Good Luck

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The reason they shift cold is the oil is thick and once thinned out this is where slightly thicker oil makes a huge difference for warn tolerances as does an additional trans cooler or sump extension.

TEMP IS ALWAYS THE ENEMY IN HYDRAULICS!

Golftwincharged

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320847
The nightmare of 09G , iv had an Audi TT parked for Hard Shifting issues a very long, I've swapped VB units until i got sick, found out the K2 Clutches were burnt when dismantled, and of course it throwed symptoms like a bad VB, i did a complete transmission rebuilt and i was good afterwards, also keep in mind these things are a pain in the ass with adaptation..Good luck

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Could the thicker oil help stop the clutch wear & if you get to it in time, it possibly gives you more time?

What do we do with worn engines & that traditionally would burn oil of the past, don't or didn't we add thickening agents & to make up for sloppy tolerances, yummy motor honey & to get more time, huh sounds familiar now no?

Just think if the Nazis didn't make the chemistry or medical break through's, we wouldn't of had either of the STP extensions for a trans or other type additives now would we?

I know I'm such an asshole........Google it!

:D

stp_logo.png
http://www.stp.com/the-garage/maintenance/transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back