5Q0955547A RLHS coding

gianry

Reaction score
please could you post the original coding for auto light and rain module ?

thanks

Jdobbins

Reaction score
Try 00885D

Ps your original scans with correct coding should be auto backed up in your Ross tech folder in C: drive

I tried this rain closing doesn’t work on newer control modules. I read somewhere don’t know how true. that This idea was abandoned as a dog suffocated in car or something when they all closed.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Try 00885D
This idea was abandoned as a dog suffocated in car or something when they all closed.

Huh...........? Forgive my impudence, but I couldn't resist responding with the observation that I was aware that the cabin on a VW was well sealed - but "suffocating a dog" is outstanding quality IMO and it's a prudent warning to humans who might be considering sitting in the car with the windows wound-up!!!;)

Don
PS: I have zero tolerance for cruelty to animals!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
"suffocating a dog" is outstanding quality IMO and it's a prudent warning to humans who might be considering sitting in the car with the windows wound-up!!!;)
All the cases I have heard of where a dog has been seen to be in difficulty have been on hot sunny days and it's been overheating not lack of air that has been the cause.

Many tourist locations in the UK now have signs (from the RSPCA) warning that dogs shouldn't be left in a car (any car not just VAG!) with all windows closed on hot days.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^Thanks Dave - here in the land down-under (where women glow and men chunder ;)), where temperatures are a tad higher than in your country, the consequences of leaving non, or barley sentient beings (i.e. children and pets) in cars is well understood.

Of course it is possible to make a link between rain-closing tweak and suffocating dogs (or distressed infants). And, I agree that as a society we are becoming increasingly risk averse - but IMO I still think that it's a long-stretch!

Don

gianry

Reaction score
Try 00885D

Ps your original scans with correct coding should be auto backed up in your Ross tech folder in C: drive

I tried this rain closing doesn’t work on newer control modules. I read somewhere don’t know how true. that This idea was abandoned as a dog suffocated in car or something when they all closed.
I'm trying to enable the windows auto close on raining and auto light on raining.

both function seems not work

Jdobbins

Reaction score
Interesting replies. Maybe overheating was the better Term to have used.

In my mind your pooch is on back seat you pop to supermarket. Weather is overcast. You leave all windows,and roof if you have one, open 2 inches or so. Get held up for what ever reason and meanwhile a light shower comes along and all windows and roof close. Then the sun decides to split the sky and cabin heats up
Like an oven.

Plausible. ? In Scotland yes

California, Australia No but would anyone leave their beloved pet in a car in those climates.

Slight Tangent I have picked up expats who have flown in from Australia and New Zealand who have said they are escaping the summer weather as they just cannot cope with the heat. Can’t go out etc. Been there 30 years and now it’s a problem. I wonder if the folk born there feel the same ?

In Scotland we can have four seasons in one day. no joke. Sun in Morn snow in afternoon.

Ps I’d never leave my dogs in car for any reason. And not just because scumbags are now stealing them.

Back