2014 Q5: Enable door locking from outside with engine running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330985
That's right, sometimes I would like to lock the car while it is running neither the key nor the driver is in it. (Hey, that's what police K9 teams do every day, don't argue the concept here and now please.)

Someone told me that's an option in his MMI menu, but this car just has the basic AMI system. Supposedly there's a setting that VCDS can use to enable this option, but I've got no idea where to explore which menus or what the coding might be.

Has anyone done this before? Any sugggestions?

I'd really like to tell the car "Driver has left and taken the key with him, lock it, alarm it, seal it up." But that's more than I can expect...only a 40 year old $100 aftermarket alarm system can be that smart, I know.(G)

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
you will want to post a full autoscan and probably admap for anyone to be able to assist

Redd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330985
Well, if I didn't have to take the gear down to the car, set it up, pull the scan, bring it back, and post it online, I might have done that.
But if someone actually KNOWS where the procedure is, they don't need that information, they know which settings to pursue.

I figured I'd try asking for someone who knew, before I started asking for someone to make educated guesses, since "Do this" is a much more effective way to get the job done. And much safer than banging around on keys to see what might happen.

The stock AMI configuration is to not allow the car doors to be locked unless the key is INSIDE the car, if the engine is running. There's some debate as to whether this setting can be changed at all--and so far just one person who says it can be done in the MMI for sure, which implies VCDS can do it--but that's not certain at all.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
these vehicle are increasingly complex with many different modules for different levels of trim and locality.

the only way to "know" is to know what exact modules your vehicle has and how they are currently configured.

it may very well be possible that what you want simply is not possible with the modules you have.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Well, if I didn't have to take the gear down to the car, set it up, pull the scan, bring it back, and post it online, I might have done that.
But if someone actually KNOWS where the procedure is, they don't need that information, they know which settings to pursue.

I figured I'd try asking for someone who knew, before I started asking for someone to make educated guesses, since "Do this" is a much more effective way to get the job done. And much safer than banging around on keys to see what might happen.

The stock AMI configuration is to not allow the car doors to be locked unless the key is INSIDE the car, if the engine is running. There's some debate as to whether this setting can be changed at all--and so far just one person who says it can be done in the MMI for sure, which implies VCDS can do it--but that's not certain at all.
VCDS can only "do" what the firmware in the VAG modules will allow, the only way to "know" this is by posting an Auto-Scan. This isn't procrastination, it's just the only way to get the information needed to answer your question - simples!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back