Looking for a way to disable ACT system on Golf VII 1.5 Tsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifirko

Reaction score
Hello,
No my car isn't DSG but my parents' passat is the same car but sedan with DSG with the same result (CZEA engine).
More than 35000kms after removing ACT. 100% satisfied. Quick response, no consumption increasing, really smooth and quiet.
Not really a remap, no more power or anything else, just always on 4 cylinders like with CZDA engines. It was a bit expensive but honestly, before removing ACT I was looking to sell the car. Now I really love it.
The expert paid by the insurance said "yes, it's not normal, running with 2 cylinder can't be smooth but it's the solution found by VW and you don't like it, VW says it's normal and there's no way to make VWsolve the problem. Make the ECU don't use this technology and it'll be ok for the insurance..."
I sent the bill to my insurance to be sure that they are awared of ECU modification.
Some people are OK with ACT but I tested more than 20 cars from VW and Audi dealers, brand new and used cars, ...all are working with ennoying vibrations, not huge but really annoying. When you buy a petrol engine, you don't want diesel vibrations!
Thanks for answer.
I have Octavia 1.5tsi (DADA) manual MY18, with ECU 05E906018BH.
My ACT work without any vibration, It seems to work without problems.
But my car have “kangaroo” problem, it jerking on 1st and 2nd gear all the time (with warm engine too). Live with this horror 2.5 years and 35000km. I hate this car and all this 2years I think only about selling, but I’ll lost too much money:(
Have you seen cars with this problem?
VAG said that the problem is software and they will fix it. ECU update which they did - not help. It seems to me that this is due to ecology.
I try to found someone who try to fix this terrible behavior of the 1.5tsi engine by someone who really understands the tuning. I also don't need more power, I just want a normal car :(

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
But my car have “kangaroo” problem, it jerking on 1st and 2nd gear all the time (with warm engine too).

I try to found someone who try to fix this terrible behavior of the 1.5tsi engine by someone who really understands the tuning. I also don't need more power, I just want a normal car :(
The forums on briskoda.net (for Skoda owners) and especially the Octavia III forum have many posts complaining of this 'kangaroo' issue.

Some owners say that the SW 'fix' is indeed a fix but others say they still get the 'kangaroo' problem.

It's not caused by ACT (the engine is running on all 4 cylinders when the 'kangaroo' problem happens) but instead by VAG wanting to reduce their corporate emissions - reduce them too far it seems and sacrificing drivability.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

Kifirko

Reaction score
The forums on briskoda.net (for Skoda owners) and especially the Octavia III forum have many posts complaining of this 'kangaroo' issue

I know that. I lived on briskoda last 2.5years. But when biggest part of owners receive update and fix problem, page with this problem died. :(

Now I try to understand, it possible fix this problem through tuning. Without loss of engine resources, or new problems. Or problem much deeper than it seems :(

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I know that. I lived on briskoda last 2.5years. But when biggest part of owners receive update and fix problem, page with this problem died. :(

Now I try to understand, it possible fix this problem through tuning. Without loss of engine resources, or new problems. Or problem much deeper than it seems :(
1) Since the problem isn't caused by ACT you've really posted in the wrong thread.
2) Chip tuning isn't something you can do with VCDS as it's a diagnostic tool not a 'hacking' tool, so this isn't the best place to ask.

I suggest you Google chip tuners in the Helsinki area and then contact them to see if 1.5TSI 'kangarooing' is a problem they've solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back