Not open for further replies.

Rockl

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=362705
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to enable Parking Pilot on my 2019 A6, and seem to be getting close, but still a big obstacle in getting the transmission to shift and begin the parking process. I see that Audi has at least three different variations of park assist with different levels of assist. The first two variants seem to be Park Distance Control (PDC) and Park Lane Assist (PLA). The one I'm trying to activate is Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) or Park Pilot (PP). The first two variants seem to operate using the 09-Central Electronics to drive the ultrasonic sensors and interface with other modules like 44-Steering Assist, and 13-Distance Reg/ ACC Cruise control. With the introduction of the zFas variant 'C' module, the ultrasonic sensors and all the driver-assist functions moved to the zFas-A5 module.

So the best approach to determine the required coding is to flip the minimum number of bits to turn on IPA starting at the A5 module, then coding the others to communicate with A5 and perform the park-function. The trick is avoiding any of the old bits intended for PDC and PLA. IPA "MIGHT" be considered "PLA2" based on some of the DTC errors I observed.

Coding thus far:

A5 zFas Module

Byte 13, bit 3 Interface Parking Button

Byte 18, bit 0 FW_PLA_BCM, installed

Byte 33, bit IPA 0, 4, 5 (bit 3, (IPA_limited_operations, 0 not available) If bit '3' is on, IPA operations are limited. This was causing my P soft button to grey out.
Byte 34, bit IPA 3, 4, 5
Byte 44, MA bit 5, 6,

Then enable downstream modules to accept control and interact with the zFas and for IPA.

44 - Steering Assist
Byte 1 Bit 4, Activated variant of park steering assistant, Gen 2
Byte 2, Bit 1 Maneuvering assistant

13- Auto Dist Reg.
Byte 3 bit 0-2 Maneuver Assistant
Byte 14 bit 4 operation mode 2 (?)

17-Instruments
Byte 14, but 4 Intelligent park assistant

03-ABS Breaks
Byte 10 - Bit 0
Byte 24 - Bit 7

09-Cent
Byte 13, bit 6 Intelligent Park Assist

19-Can Gateway
Adaptation: Parking assist > coded

The above gets close, but it fails with this error when trying to park with the >>P hard button:

98341 - Cancellation of Park/Steering Assist
B187A 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 52
Mileage: 19340 km
Date: 2020.08.29
Time: 12:32:35

Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Year: 2000
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Month: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Day: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Hours: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Minutes: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Seconds: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Last reason: Transmission malfunction

So still some work left to determine which module needs to shift the transmission. I'm assuming it's module 01-Engine or 02-Transmission, but the VCDS doesn't have any definitions for those bits, so need to research.

Note that this error also latches in ring memory, so the only way to clear it is to disconnect power from the car. On the C8 A6 it's simple. Just remove the black cable connecting the battery to the chassis for 15 seconds...

Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Last reason: Transmission malfunction

The P button on the MMI will remain grayed out until you do the reset. I also noticed the P button will grey-out when the hood or driver's door is open!

If anyone has a full scan of an Audi with Parking Pilot, please post it!

mossox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414237
Did anybody get IPA run?
Many of us are still stuck with Soft button greyed out.

mossox

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=414237
Nobody in here who can help??

Totopirate

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=383632
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to enable Parking Pilot on my 2019 A6, and seem to be getting close, but still a big obstacle in getting the transmission to shift and begin the parking process. I see that Audi has at least three different variations of park assist with different levels of assist. The first two variants seem to be Park Distance Control (PDC) and Park Lane Assist (PLA). The one I'm trying to activate is Intelligent Parking Assist (IPA) or Park Pilot (PP). The first two variants seem to operate using the 09-Central Electronics to drive the ultrasonic sensors and interface with other modules like 44-Steering Assist, and 13-Distance Reg/ ACC Cruise control. With the introduction of the zFas variant 'C' module, the ultrasonic sensors and all the driver-assist functions moved to the zFas-A5 module.

So the best approach to determine the required coding is to flip the minimum number of bits to turn on IPA starting at the A5 module, then coding the others to communicate with A5 and perform the park-function. The trick is avoiding any of the old bits intended for PDC and PLA. IPA "MIGHT" be considered "PLA2" based on some of the DTC errors I observed.

Coding thus far:

A5 zFas Module

Byte 13, bit 3 Interface Parking Button

Byte 18, bit 0 FW_PLA_BCM, installed

Byte 33, bit IPA 0, 4, 5 (bit 3, (IPA_limited_operations, 0 not available) If bit '3' is on, IPA operations are limited. This was causing my P soft button to grey out.
Byte 34, bit IPA 3, 4, 5
Byte 44, MA bit 5, 6,

Then enable downstream modules to accept control and interact with the zFas and for IPA.

44 - Steering Assist
Byte 1 Bit 4, Activated variant of park steering assistant, Gen 2
Byte 2, Bit 1 Maneuvering assistant

13- Auto Dist Reg.
Byte 3 bit 0-2 Maneuver Assistant
Byte 14 bit 4 operation mode 2 (?)

17-Instruments
Byte 14, but 4 Intelligent park assistant

03-ABS Breaks
Byte 10 - Bit 0
Byte 24 - Bit 7

09-Cent
Byte 13, bit 6 Intelligent Park Assist

19-Can Gateway
Adaptation: Parking assist > coded

The above gets close, but it fails with this error when trying to park with the >>P hard button:

98341 - Cancellation of Park/Steering Assist
B187A 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 52
Mileage: 19340 km
Date: 2020.08.29
Time: 12:32:35

Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Year: 2000
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Month: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Day: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Hours: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Minutes: 0
Parking assist: discharge reasons (ring memory)-Seconds: 0

So still some work left to determine which module needs to shift the transmission. I'm assuming it's module 01-Engine or 02-Transmission, but the VCDS doesn't have any definitions for those bits, so need to research.

Note that this error also latches in ring memory, so the only way to clear it is to disconnect power from the car. On the C8 A6 it's simple. Just remove the black cable connecting the battery to the chassis for 15 seconds...

The P button on the MMI will remain grayed out until you do the reset. I also noticed the P button will grey-out when the hood or driver's door is open!

If anyone has a full scan of an Audi with Parking Pilot, please post it!

hello, did you manage to make it work? I have the same problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back