Search results

1. N

CJAA - what measuring block shows cylinder pressure?

Controller map - by that you mean what we call the "admap" export? I don't have access to the car right now, but this is what I was getting of out of MWB 141 The imbalance is disconcerting.
  2. N

CJAA - what measuring block shows cylinder pressure?

I have one glow plug stuck in the head (Cyl2) that is consistently throwing an "Implausible signal" error for the "internal pressure sensor". There's another analagous fault that seems to move between Cyl1 and Cyl3. The glow plugs have the pressure sensors built into them and so are obviously...
  3. N

Swapped tactile buttons into "touch" Mk8 wheel, lost ACC

PEBKAC 🤦‍♂️ Didn't look closely enough; found it comparing an old Module 13 coding. Byte15, bit7. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r82l8p9tkx9suw8fbq76v/MK7.Distance.Reg..byte15.KLR.jpg?rlkey=j9sceer9xbg963xgc5j4zk0zh&raw=1 ACC good to go! Thanks again, @downtime
  4. N

I found it in Gateway (below) and unchecked it. Can't find it referenced in Module 13 - Distance Regulation, though; looked in both coding and adaptations and didn't see it.
  5. N

Thanks! I will give that a try tomorrow.
  6. N

2015 NAR Golf Sportwagen/Variant (mk7), but I put in a heated steering wheel, first a Mk7, then a Mk8 SW with the touch/haptic buttons. Thought I'd get used to those touch buttons, but I just haven't....and my wife loathes them. So, I found a set of physical/tactile buttons that fit my Mk8...
  7. N

Golf 8 Heated SW coding

Thanks to @Cuzoe for pointing me to the clockspring being a sub-module of the Gateway, which got me to look at the adaptation options in Module 19. Found this: (Oddly enough, with my previous touch/haptic steering wheel, this was similarly NOT ACTIVE, yet the button on that wheel was fully...
  8. N

Golf 8 Heated SW coding

Long story, but I just recently switched from my Golf 8 heated steering wheel with touch/haptic controls to one with physical buttons. Everything works *except* the heat button on the steering wheel. The coding on the touch/haptic SW was 0C 00. Any thoughts on what might be the bit to flip to...
  9. N

Feature request: Default log filename, location

I looked through the options, but couldn't find anything, so I'm making this as a feature request. 1. Instead of *every* log having the same name, could you prepend the date (yyyy-mm-dd or, yyyy-mm-dd-hhmm) to the default filename? 2. Allow user to set a different location as the default file...
  10. N

Retrofit A3 8V: Heated steering wheel with open circuit error

I'm still stuck. I had it working when I first had help from @downtime getting the new gateway installed / matched to the car. (this was this past summer or early autumn, hence the quite-warm temperature of the wheel) After that, I did some work with direct TPMS, then checked it again a few...
  11. N

I did end up getting a new Gateway and with some help from abroad, got that coded and accepted by the car. Some of the buttons on the steering wheel still don't work (e.g., I can't get to the sub-menus that would show me things like digital tachometer), but the heat on the steering wheel *did*...
  12. N

Long Coding Helper "offline"

Thanks for the quick reply, Uwe. Just out of curiosity, is this a technical limitation (no workable path to implement), or more like something you hold back for competitive reasons (which I'd totally understand / support; you guys have to put up with more than enough people hijacking your stuff...
  13. N

Long Coding Helper "offline"

Is there a way to launch / use Long Coding helper, seeing all of the bit options (and their descriptors) for each byte, but just by reading an auto scan - i.e., not connected to the car? Or even just pasting in the long coding from a scan?
  14. N

Yes on the first question. As for the second one, if I recall correctly, when I hit the ON button, the "status" momentarily changes to ON (like, probably less than a second), before going to "malfunction" (or similar wording). And I do get the change on PWM as well. Thanks for the links to the...
  15. N

With your experience, would you mind posting the admap from your Module 19-Gateway with the heated SW installed and functional? My current gateway has pretty much nothing for heated steering wheel adaptation channels.
  16. N

The temperature of the SW *was* reading correctly (e.g., 10°C when it was 8°C outside, but with the car having sat outside in mild sunlight for a few hours). When viewing the measuring blocks, I would get very similar when pressing the steering wheel's heat button: The PWM would go to 100%, but...
  17. N

Some valid points and good observations, but two things from my perspective: 1. I don't know how to test the clockspring, apart from buying another one (at a cost pretty much identical to the gateway). 2. The gateway replacement feels analogous to the process of putting a newer model steering...
  18. N

Oh yeah - and to this point (and to *illustrate* this point): The aforementioned 3Q0907530M lists at $226CAD (good guy discount, which I think is around cost +10%) from my local dealer puts it at $160CAD) while JimEllisVW in Atlanta lists it at $86USD. The exchange rate ain't great these days...
  19. N

Great information, @TheAndi! Thank you for the detailed reply and suggestions. My car is a pre-FL iteration, compared to yours, so I think I might have one other mitigating factor: The gateway (Module 19). My part number is 5QE907530, while I have a friend local who has a FL 2018 A3 etron that...
  20. N

So, to this point and chatting with a tech at my VW dealer, he said that the more likely of the two is the clockspring (slip ring); he said that when heated SWs fail, it's almost always an issue with the clockspring. So - given that both I and the OP have the same issue (and sounds like same...
Back