Polo 6C BiXenon Retrofit Issue

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
So you'd like someone to come up for a car for which they have no details at all? I doubt this is a realistic request.

-Uwe-
well most of the threads on forum just starts that way...

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
@iichel: Your understanding of Polos is unparalleled on this forum and I would always accept your words - but on other MQB-ish vehicles, the connector for incandescent headlights is 10 x pin whereas non-halogen headlight connectors are 14 x pin. Given @Johan1 says " retrofitting polo 6C from halogen to led " , doesn't this necessarily mean installing an interconnection facility of some type to make the 10 x pin car loom fit 14 x pin headlight ? What have I missed?

Don
PS: love the banner at the bottom of your post - great minds think alike (let's forget the other part of the adage)!! :D

Well, you're both right ... and also wrong. You do need an adapter to easily swap back to halogen (eg. for an MOT inspection in case they didn't retrofit AFS / Washers), but it is not required. O can easily do with as well as without it.
As you can see from this to this, you can pull the wiring out of the 10-pin connector,then re-orerder them into the 14-pin, to which you have extra wires for the AFS (instead of headlight range motor) + FOG/CORNERING (this one comes in the bumper on halogen equipped cars).

my situation is i want to buy een adapter from kufatec and i neeed only the coding

Either way, there's still wiring work to be done, and this thread has the same exact steps you'd need to follow regardless of you adding Xenon or LED .
Aside the main beam as that's a separate bulb on LEDs, you still need to get the DRL up and running, as well as the fog/cornering lamps (into the headlights) if you don't want to keep them in the front bumper.

PS: These are the headlamps he wants to install. Still, we'd need a scan plus admaps to see if your 6C even suports it. You will need a 387 version (highline) BCM at the very least.

With a bit of initiative and some sweat, trust me, you'll get there. I had no clue about retrofitting in the beginning, nor I had any clue about reading wiring diagrams lol. But with help from people like downtime, iichel, DV52 and RT Staff, I gathered some decent knowledge :)

Last edited:

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
@EduardJS did you only mess about with the adaptation channels or did you also do some long coding? I did some xenon retrofits on the 6C and DRL is all fine, but some cars have blinking xenon bulbs with ignition on, engine off. Dimming was set to 127 (perhaps 100 would have been good) and type of load set to "xenon abblendlicht". Setting type of load to allgemeine...., low beam, led with open load diagnosis, nothing helped. I ended up selling them a pair of LED headlights with installation but I never got to the bottom of it.

Last edited:

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
@EduardJS did you only mess about with the adaptation channels or did you also do some long coding? I did some xenon retrofits on the 6C and DRL is all fine, but some cars have blinking xenon bulbs with ignition on, engine off. Dimming was set to 127 (perhaps 100 would have been good) and type of load set to "xenon abblendlicht". Setting type of load to allgemeine...., low beam, led with open load diagnosis, nothing helped. I ended up selling them a pair of LED headlights with installation but I never got to the bottom of it.
There is a long coding change you need to do as well. Unfortunately I cannot recall what byte is it, since I already sold the car two years ago .. But there was a a dropdown with Xenon + AFS, Halogen, HIDs.

That's because the BCM needs to know you have AFS installed (with Xenons) otherwise it'll throw an error regarding the AFS's missing databus.
-- though when blinking, it must be the wrong load. If you got the dimming too low, it would simply turn off rather than blink.

Last edited:

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@EduardJS: Indeed yes, a car sold is a problem solved !!!:)

Notwithstanding the sale, if you are still using the same laptop, the nifty history facility in VCDS will retain a record of the BCM long-code change.

Go to C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug and open the file CodingLog.CSV with an App like MS Excel. All will be revealed (the records are listed by module address)

Don

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
@DV52 Regarding the laptop, unfortunately, not. I change these on a yearly basis, but it should be very easy to find. The guy who bought it is a friend, and he still has it. So I could maybe look into it whenever we meet, but no clue when that'd happen, as we're 300km apart.

Regarding the sold car, it never ends haha. Went for a Q3 F3 MY2019, now upgraded to a Q3 F3 Sportback MY2021.
Already planned some retrofits for it (lol). One's already posted here, regarding Homelink (garage door opener).

Now looking to retrofit these (got the parts in):
- electric child lock (this seems to be just a software difference between the same HW units, so not sure how to go about it)
- blind spot assist (not available when ordered)
- RCTA (uses sames sensors as the blind spot)

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
@DV52

Regarding the sold car, it never ends haha. Went for a Q3 F3 MY2019, now upgraded to a Q3 F3 Sportback MY2021.
Already planned some retrofits for it (lol). One's already posted here, regarding Homelink (garage door opener).
@EduardJS: Hmmm.......... maybe Homelink isn't needed? Depending on your home life, perhaps you already have a remote open/close solution for the garage door?

The video below was created for motor-bike owners - but it works equally well on VAG based cars :facepalm: :

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
@DV52 Not sure if my wife would be that eager :facepalm: haha

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number