The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

• Let it Live!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Kill it With Fire!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
Riskay but quite harmless
28tde0k.gif

Simple explanation...Republicans have to work on Fridays..... :p

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
So...what's the prize for winning????? :P

Art you get the Political Booby Prize Trophy!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Booby+Prize&FORM=HDRSC2

Donald Trump just deleted a tweet and now that he's president, that might not be legal

This seems like an interesting angle or argument in comparison to all this other "incendiary" bullshit?

President Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday morning that he was "honered" to serve as 45th president of the United States. Moments later, the tweet was gone — presumably deleted by the president or his team.
Under the 1978 Presidential Records Act, the president must obtain the "views of the Archivist of the United States" before disposing of any records. And his tweets — whether sent from his personal Twitter account or his official @POTUS account — are considered a matter of public record.

Mic has reached out to the the National Archives office and David Ferriero, the archivist of the United States, to determine whether president Trump followed the necessary procedures before deleting the tweet. We also attempted to reach out to the White House press office, but were redirected to an automated message. The switchboard operator informed said by telephone that, if that's the case, there's no one in the office. We will update when we hear back.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Pope Francis says 'wait and see' on Trump

[url]https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/22/pope-francis-says-wait-and-see-on-trump/21660130/[/URL]

MADRID, Jan 22 (Reuters) - Pope Francis on Sunday said he would not make an opinion of Donald Trump until he first had a chance to see specific policies the new U.S. president would implement.
On Friday, as Trump was taking office, Francis had urged him to be guided by ethical values, saying he must take care of the poor and the outcast during his time in office.
"I think that we must wait and see. I don't like to get ahead of myself nor judge people prematurely," the Pope told Spanish newspaper El Pais in an interview
"We will see how he acts, what he does, and then I will have an opinion. But being afraid or rejoicing beforehand because of something that might happen is, in my view, quite unwise. It would be like prophets predicting calamities," he said.
Francis also warned the Europeans against populism, saying they should not repeat the same mistakes as in the 1930s when they turned to "saviors" to resolve the economic and political crisis only to end up at war.
"Crises provoke fear, alarm. In my opinion, the most obvious example of European populism is Germany in 1933... A people that was immersed in a crisis, that looked for its identity until this charismatic leader came and promised to give their identity back, and he gave them a distorted identity, and we all know what happened," the Pope said.
"In times of crisis, we lack judgment, and that is a constant reference for me... That is why I always try to say: talk among yourselves, talk to one another," he added. (Reporting by Julien Toyer; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
^^^ That may be a contender for most un-peecee post so far. :popcorn:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
^^^ That may be a contender for most un-peecee post so far. :popcorn:

I agree.............. think of all that exercise.
I really didn't see a ton of hot dog wagons.......Bon Bons or Haagen-Dazs carts either and forget about a Latte at the aforementioned Starbucks :rolleyes:

They weren't going to eat it anyway........!

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Speaking of booby prize, I hope that the citation URL you posted above isn't a pointer to your 2016 tax return like I suspect that it is!!!!! :facepalm:

Thanks Art didn't see that "removed"......... dam pop ups..........:banghead:

Warren Buffet say's the USA has the "Secret Sauce".........

[video]https://videos.vidible.tv/prod/2017-01/22/588514671c689943024ba11d_853x480_v1.mp4?DfNJ-ev-IGYnRsXTvHr5JV1jgcMbHUx0gqO7pwg07ptoz-glrpIwgzkveTRNtJJw[/video]

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
'We won't tell the press what's in that letter': Trump holds up letter Obama left him in the Oval Office

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...whats-in-that-letter-trump-holds-up/21660293/

President Donald Trump took a moment on Sunday to show staffers a letter former President Barack Obama left him in the Oval Office.
Speaking at an event swearing in new White House staff, Trump thanked Obama for writing what was presumably the customary letter presidents leave their successor in the Oval Office before departing.
"We just went to the Oval Office and found this beautiful letter from President Obama. It was really very nice of him to do that. We will cherish that, we will keep that, and we won't even tell the press what's in that letter," Trump said.
The contents of the ceremonial letter, which is traditionally short and offers advice, are generally kept under wraps for years.
Just last week, the National Archives released the letter former President George W. Bush shared with Obama in 2009.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ethics lawyers to sue Trump over foreign payments

[url]https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/22/ethics-lawyers-to-sue-trump-over-foreign-payments/21660384/[/URL]

Jan 22 (Reuters) - A group including former White House ethics attorneys will file a lawsuit on Monday accusing President Donald Trump of allowing his businesses to accept payments from foreign governments, in violation of the U.S. Constitution.
Deepak Gupta, a Supreme Court litigator working on the case, said the lawsuit would allege that the Constitution's emoluments clause forbids payments to Trump's businesses. It will seek a court order forbidding Trump from accepting such payments, he said.
The case, reported earlier by the New York Times, is part of a wave of litigation expected to be filed against Trump by liberal advocacy groups. It will be filed in a Manhattan federal court, Gupta said, and plaintiffs will include Richard Painter, a former ethics lawyer in Republican President George W. Bush's White House.
A Trump spokesman could not immediately be reached for comment.
Trump's son Eric Trump, an executive vice president of the Trump Organization, told the Times on Sunday that the company had taken more steps than required by law to avoid any possible legal exposure, such as agreeing to donate any profits collected at Trump-owned hotels that come from foreign government guests to the U.S. Treasury.
"This is purely harassment for political gain," Trump told the newspaper. (Reporting by Dan Levine in San Francisco; Editing by Peter Cooney)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, the USA, the country where anyone can sue anyone else for just about any reason at all.

The Emoluments Clause of the Constitution:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

He's clearly not accepting a "present", "Office", or "Title". So the question then becomes, what exactly constitutes an "Emolument"? Do ownership stakes in companies that do business overseas qualify? Personally, I don't think so.

Oh, and obviously Congress could simply pass a resolution that says, "President Trump has our consent..."

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Democracy at RT experiment............

Wow we have 2 more votes .......1 for and 1 against.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Democracy at RT experiment............
Wow we have 2 more votes .......1 for and 1 against.
The 10:1 results so far are something of a landslide. Not what I was expecting...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The 10:1 results so far are something of a landslide. Not what I was expecting...

Kind of like the Election itself.........:D

[h=1]Trump signs executive order withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal[/h]

https://www.aol.com/article/news/20...g-u-s-from-trans-pacific-trade-deal/21660877/

WASHINGTON, Jan 23 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump formally withdrew the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal on Monday, distancing America from its Asian allies as China's influence in the region rises.
Fulfilling a campaign pledge to end American involvement in the 2015 pact, Trump signed an executive order in the Oval Office pulling the United States from the 12-nation TPP.
"Great thing for the American worker," Trump said as he signed the order on his third full day in office. The Republican says the trade deal would have damaged U.S. manufacturing.

dafrazi

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=173774
In recant to that above /\ I guess you should check the time stamp of the commencing of that photo and people beginning to congregate.:cool:

Trump's press secretary slams media over Inauguration coverage

I saw the speech and some of the departing Obamas stuff. The crowd was definitely smaller than the last few inaugurations. I think GW's inaugurations might of had more people too.

vreihen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=31688
I saw the speech and some of the departing Obamas stuff. The crowd was definitely smaller than the last few inaugurations. I think GW's inaugurations might of had more people too.

What they fail to mention in all this attendance propaganda is that the spread of video streaming over the Internet means the people no longer need to stand in a crowd to see a historic event. Take a look at how Amazon is killing shopping malls. People just don't want to leave home anymore if they can avoid it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back