Not open for further replies.

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
So... here is the story.
Windows made a huge update of Win 10 on my computer the other day. Cable has been running fine since 2013 with every update in Windows and VCDS. After this update my laptop can not recognize my cable or drivers to use it. Reinstalled VCDS 16.8.2 with no complaints installing the incuded USB drivers. But now the computer refuses to recognize the cable as Ross Tech Device and I cant find the installed drivers. Tried to reinstall the drivers again, no luck.

So I tried installing VCDS in a old laptop using Windows 7. Same problem. This makes me wonder if there is a issue with the latest release of VCDS. But... the problem started after the Windows update happend before i updated from 16.8.1 but since I experince the same problem on the Win 7 laptop I´m clueless. And really need the cable working right now.

Please advise...

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You have an Auto-Intern cable, right? That's a legitimate interface, but all we provide for it is the VCDS License. We don't make the drivers for them. Please contact the Swedish distributor who you bought your system from, or Auto-Intern for assistance with their hardware.

-Uwe-

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
Thank you for quick response.

True it is a Auto Intern cable. But it has always worked with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 and all the VCDS English updates since 11.x

Could it be that the cable is broken or somehow no longer compatible with the 16.8.2 or could it be a driver problem you think?

//AndySwede

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
Problem solved.

Downloaded a bunch of drivers from the Auto Intern website and one of them obviously worked with the win 10.1 update. Thank god for my German father giving me the laguage for free....

Funny thing thoug, I always thougt I bought a genuine Ross Tech cable because I wanted the Ross Tech support, but thank you Uwe for pointing me in the right direction. I had no clue about that my cable came from Auto Intern. Why is this even possible?

Just strange that the Ross Tech driver wouldn´t co-operate as it always did before.

License and serial data sent to hopefully allow me to become a verified user.

//AndySwede

Reactions: Uwe
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back