Measuring Blocks greyed out

Robster

Reaction score
Hi All,

New joiner, so please go easy on me if this is an obvious answer.

I’ve replaced the Turbo Actuator on my 2010 Golf mk6 2.0 GTD.

Everything went swimmingly until I went to adjust the actuator rod using VCDS. I needed to go into Engine - Measuring Blocks -120 to set the voltage with a vacuum pump.

Unfortunately, for my car, the whole measuring blocks option is greyed out. I’ve trawled through the gazillions of items in Advanced Measuring Blocks but can’t find the item I’m after.

…is there somewhere else I should be looking?

To be clear, I’m looking for the entity that shows the voltage output of the actuator relative to the vacuum pressure. (I need to set the actuator position when the voltage is at 0.76V)

At the moment I’ve just eyeballed it to get me on the road, but obviously this isn’t ideal - especially as I have a 600 mile journey coming up at the weekend!

Looking forward to this being a simple case of me being dim!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

AINils

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56975
I don't see an actual Autoscan of car. How we should know which equipment your car is using?

But in Measuring Blocks you are never able to set "new values", as name stated it's a "live value" which is shown

Robster

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Theres no Autoscan, as such - I already know the fault.

My issue is there’s a greyed out Measuring Blocks & I’m after an alternative solution to finding the live data from the turbo actuator so I can set it up.

To do that I need to read the data from the actuator so I can position it to read 0.76V

davisev5225

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263265
Advanced Measuring Blocks is searchable by number as well as name, so you should be able to find the 120 block all the same.

That said, a full auto scan will allow us to provide better assistance.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Theres no Autoscan, as such - I already know the fault.
If you'd provided an autoscan (or even better, engine measuring block maps) as people have requested, instead of questionning the need for an autoscan, we'd already be able to figure out which advanced measuring value has the voltage you're looking for, based on the exact ASAM ID in use by your vehicle. Instead of helping you, we're left discussing procedural details, which doesn't help anyone :D

Reactions: Uwe

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
FYI -- especially if your engine control module does not use UDS, an engine measuring block map in .CSV format could be very useful.

Back