Not open for further replies.

BertDog

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=512002
Hi all,

I'm racking my brain on this one. I have one key & fob that work and bought another key online cheap and was able to get it to work with the immobilizer so it can unlock manually and start and run car.

I've tried about 6 different key fobs (cheap ones and one original Audi used one). Long story shorter... my good fob is an 4D0837231M and I have three fobs that say they are 4D0837231M's. I can't get adaption to recognize any of them. I have a tool that can check the frequency and they are indeed putting out 315MHz like my good fob so I know they're transmitting something.

My Audi with VCDS Lite uses 35 Central Locking and Channel 21 for the key adaption. My steps are as follows:

1) Put good key in car and turn on but not start car
2) Read/Save Channel 00 to clear settings
3) Read Channel 21
4) Put 2 Test Value and Press Test
5) Press Original Key Fob Unlock Key
6) See "Recognized" in status above (changed from "Learn...")
7) Press new Key Fob Unlock Key
8) See no new changes (only see Recognized when known good key is used even if I reverse Order)
9) Press Save

Observations
A) When I check Measuring Block 007 (Original Fob always goes into slot of the number I type in. If 2, the display reads 0100, if 3 it reads 0010 and 4 0001
B) When I first read Channel 21 the Tool Tip in VCDS Lite says to set the number in Test for each key. I've tried that too and no real difference.
C) I've tried these instructions https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html and they say to hit Save before pressing the fob Unlocks, but I only ever see the status change to "Recognized" between Test and Save.
D) The car never gives acknowledgement that it has learned key, even original good one

Hoping someone can help. Let me know if there's missing info needed. Thanks.

BertDog

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=512002
Thanks Uwe, that makes sense why the good fob always goes to the specific test number I put in.

I think I may have a problem... mine Audi A6 is a C5. Does that mean it's not supported by VDCS Lite? I'm guessing it's not really a problem because I can re-program my good fob using VCDS Lite and just have alternate fobs that are not putting out the right commands.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I think I may have a problem... mine Audi A6 is a C5. Does that mean it's not supported by VDCS Lite?
No, the C5 (4B chassis) A6 is all K-line, no direct CAN bus diagnostics, and works fine with VCDS-Lite.

-Uwe-

BertDog

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=512002
Crazy mystery... the used key fob and mine match specs:

PN: 4D0837231M
FCC-ID: MYT8Z0837231
IC: 4427A-8Z083723
and both say A6/TT on them.

Will keep trying and find what's going on. I wonder if I need to wait awhile after saving Channel 00 to reset memory.

JMR

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=432218
So..any luck ?

BertDog

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=512002
Hi guys, I tried to no avail. When I use a key to put it in accessory mode (no fob) and then do the lock with the other key and press the unlock button once within 5 seconds (whether briefly or hold it for one second) it does not acknowledge the new key fob.

I can adapt the original key to any position fine but am unable to add a new key whether through VCDS Lite, the manual methods above or other manual methods I've found online.

I'm wondering... when in 35-Central Locking System via VCDS Lite, do I need to be logged in via the security key for Central Locking?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I'm wondering... when in 35-Central Locking System via VCDS Lite, do I need to be logged in via the security key for Central Locking?
No, I really don't think so.

-Uwe-

BertDog

Verified VCDS-Lite User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=512002
Hi guys, finally got it to work. Here's the trick for a new key fob beyond matching the PN's for the Key Fob. When in Adaption and when I select the ID for the Key to go into (e.g. ID slot 2) and hit Test, I had to hold the Unlock key down UNTIL VDCS Lite reported Recognized. This took about 15 seconds of holding the UNLOCK button down. The instructions say 1 second, and that is true for previously adapted keys being readapted. But for new key fobs (at least on a C5 Audi A6), hold that button down until you see "Recognized" in the message window of VDCS Lite. Hope this helps someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back