Hex-Net / VCDS Mobile (may need to switch Off VPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I'm using Hex-Net as well as VCDS Mobile (occasionally) ; usually at home with Wi-Fi. I usually use the VCDS Mobile when checking a item for a quick check or convenience. Either with my apple iPod or recently with my apple Iphone X xs max. Today I couldn't get the VCDS mobile to open on the Iphone. The phone showed I was connected to the wi-fi , but it wouldn't open vcds. I even tried reinstalling the app. but no luck. It then dawned on me that my Iphone has VPN running. So, I swithced the VPN Off and wha-la the VCDS mobile app opened and functioned !
So I wanted to mention that it is easy to forget about the VPN running if you have one and its On all of the time ; In my case I had to turn it Off to open the Mobile app.

ColinT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=43234
I'm using Hex-Net as well as VCDS Mobile (occasionally) ; usually at home with Wi-Fi. I usually use the VCDS Mobile when checking a item for a quick check or convenience. Either with my apple iPod or recently with my apple Iphone X xs max. Today I couldn't get the VCDS mobile to open on the Iphone. The phone showed I was connected to the wi-fi , but it wouldn't open vcds. I even tried reinstalling the app. but no luck. It then dawned on me that my Iphone has VPN running. So, I swithced the VPN Off and wha-la the VCDS mobile app opened and functioned !
So I wanted to mention that it is easy to forget about the VPN running if you have one and its On all of the time ; In my case I had to turn it Off to open the Mobile app.
VPNs often have a setting to allow lan access, this would solve your issue.

I use Ipvanish and can access my local devices ok whilst streaming with my vpn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back