Not open for further replies.

DGMotors

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57532
Hi,

We currently use VCDS for all VAG diagnostic work, Quite a few jobs lately have needed Software updates to cure know problems (Which we have sent to the local dealer)

My Questions are, do anyone here offer software updates (Along side using VCDS)?
If yes what tools do you use?

Ive been looking into it and this is what i have found so far,
Hardware:
looking on ERwin it shows the procedure for setting up ODIS
We can buy a VAS diagnostic tool (5055 or 6154 etc)
or
J2534 passthrought programmer (I understand it might not update all the VAG range off ECU's - also these J2534 -1 and -2)
All these look to be around the £1200 -£1500 mark

On the setup side:
I need to request a Global User ID - It states this incures a cost (But cant find anywhere that tells me how much)
Download the ODIS software
Setup Acess to flash data servers
Then flatrate everytime I wanted to update - $10 per hour or $25 per day

Is there any other costs or things thats I have missed? or anything else that im missing?

Thank you

Toby

jaxone

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=140916
Hi Toby.

You should contact the main importer in UK. They can provide you all the details including costs.
You will need to pay for some VPN access, monthly maintenance and some other stuff.
Don't know the prices in UK, they are not the same over all but the local importer should be able to answer all your questions.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hi Toby.

You should contact the main importer in UK. They can provide you all the details including costs.
You will need to pay for some VPN access, monthly maintenance and some other stuff.
Don't know the prices in UK, they are not the same over all but the local importer should be able to answer all your questions.
Afaik VW doesn't need CPN network, it can be also done via Intenret with provided Pin-Calc. Audi does require CPN.
For GeKo You must provide company printout, user criminal history, copy of ID card and some other stuff.
The cost though seems high, but on the otherhand the possibility of Audi CP removal on those C6 with failing amps and CD changers seems to pay off.

DGMotors

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57532
Just to update:

We brought a VAS 6154 Diagnostic tool - From VW UK
VW UK setup the Global-ID, Securid Token and GEKO access
We didnt need VPN access,
There a monthly cost for the "rsa securid token"

Then flat rate everytime we carry out key prgramming ETC, (€10 per hour) (Takes about 10 Min to program a key) So try to arrange 2-3 in 1 session.
Still working out the SVM codes, flash programming and CP removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back