Audi A3 8V cornering lights - is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmac

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=188350
Hi, I would like to enable the cornering lights function on my new Audi A3 8V - I did this quite easily on my old 8P.

This car has Xenons and DRLs (style and tech package installed)

I followed these instructions (below) and they did not work - plus when it's dark and the lights are set to Auto the cornering lights are constantly on - I'm not sure if this is standard or I've messed up the settings!..

TIA, Paul

PS - i'm confident I've followed the below instructions correctly.

Cornering lights with Fog Lights - NOT TESTED
--------------------
[09] Central Electronics -> Adaptation ->
Channel Leuchte12NL LB45-light function B12 -> Adjust Value on cornering left
Channel Leuchte13NL RB5-light function B13 -> Adjust Value on cornering right

csalvarr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=243709
I think that instructions are not complete, you are missing a mode change that is neccesary:

Cornering lights with Fog Lights
Channel Leuchte12NL LB45-light function B12 -> Adjust Value on cornering left
Channel Leuchte13NL RB5-light function B13 -> Adjust Value on cornering right
Channel (2) static cornering light regulation ECE R48 -> New Value ECE R48 / ECE R119

You can also set the speed thresholds:

Channel (3) select static cornering light lower speed threshold -> Set value (def=0)
Channel (4) select static cornering light upper speed threshold -> Set value (def=32km/h)

I thinks there's also a setting that controls if both lights do light up when in reverse, please look into every "static cornering light" setting for it.

Hope it helps.

paulmac

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=188350
Hi, thanks for that csalvarr.

I actually did all those settings (not the speed threshold ones as those values are standard) and the same result - if that the fog light button is over ridden and the fog lights are permanently on!

Channel Leuchte12NL LB45-light function B12 -> Adjust Value on cornering left (Abbiegelicht Links)
Channel Leuchte13NL RB5-light function B13 -> Adjust Value on cornering right (Abbiegelicht Recht)
Channel (2) static cornering light regulation ECE R48 -> New Value ECE R48 / ECE R119 (IDE03638-ENG116674-StaticAFS Light-Vorschrift)

I have turned then back off as it's not good to have your fog lights on here.

Thanks

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Could it be that you mixed up "Abbiegelicht links/rechts" with "Abblendlicht links/rechts"? Reading you description of the issue this likely seems to be the case.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Could it be that you mixed up "Abbiegelicht links/rechts" with "Abblendlicht links/rechts"? Reading you description of the issue this likely seems to be the case.

TBAx: Wow - I'm truly honored to be writing to you! I've been wanting to find a venue to say hello for a very long time, but my German language skills are non-existent. Thanks very much for your work on motortalk - I've learned much from your writings (and if Google translate was better, I'm sure that I would have learned much more)! RESPECT and welcome -it's good to finally say hello

Anyhow, my hagiography aside and assuming that the A3 shares the same attributes as it's MQB brother - Golf mk7 where cornering lights are concerned, are you sure that changing these two Leuchte channels is appropriate? From my understanding of the cornering light function on the mk7, the Leuchte-sets Leuchte12NL LB45 and Leuchte13NL RB5 are the two fog light lamps. Yes, for vehicles with incandescent headlight fittings, the fog lamps are used for static cornering and the settings suggested by OP is used in these cars. But for the static cornering lamps embedded within OEM HID fittings, I thought that the function was managed by the module @ addrress hex55 (i.e. J745). Yes, the BCM does use the same adaptation channel settings for both types of static cornering via the static AFS Light group of channels, but when I look at the admap listing for mk7s with HID fittings, I don't find Abblendlicht links/rechts commands in the factory settings. I assume the A3 works the same because of the MQB platform

What am I missing?

Don

Last edited:

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
Audi A3 (pre facelift - Xenon and Halogen Headlights without All weather lights only) Static Cornering lights via Fog Lights:

09 - Cent Elect
(5) Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion B 12 = Abbiegelicht links
(5) Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion B 13 = Abbiegelicht rechts
(2) Static AFS light-Vorschrift = ECE R48 or ECE R119 (2014 and 2015 Cars)

Steering Activation / Deactivation Angles
(6) -statisches Headlights Low-wheel angle
(7) -statisches cornering light-Upper steering wheel angle

Speed Thresholds (operation and switch off)
(3) Select a static cornering light-Lower speed threshold
(4) Select a static cornering light-Top speed threshold

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
TBAx: Wow - I'm truly honored to be writing to you! I've been wanting to find a venue to say hello for a very long time, but my German language skills are non-existent. Thanks very much for your work on motortalk - I've learned much from your writings (and if Google translate was better, I'm sure that I would have learned much more)! RESPECT and welcome -it's good to finally say hello

Uhm... Hi! (yeah, I'm bad with that)
Good to know someone actually reads the things I write up. :)

Anyhow, my hagiography aside and assuming that the A3 shares the same attributes as it's MQB brother - Golf mk7 where cornering lights are concerned, are you sure that changing these two Leuchte channels is appropriate? From my understanding of the cornering light function on the mk7, the Leuchte-sets Leuchte12NL LB45 and Leuchte13NL RB5 are the two fog light lamps. Yes, for vehicles with incandescent headlight fittings, the fog lamps are used for static cornering and the settings suggested by OP is used in these cars. But for the static cornering lamps embedded within OEM HID fittings, I thought that the function was managed by the module @ addrress hex55 (i.e. J745). Yes, the BCM does use the same adaptation channel settings for both types of static cornering via the static AFS Light group of channels, but when I look at the admap listing for mk7s with HID fittings, I don't find Abblendlicht links/rechts commands in the factory settings. I assume the A3 works the same because of the MQB platform

What am I missing?

As of my comprehension static cornering is done using the fog lights all the same for Octavia 5E (except the RS), Leon 5F and Audi A3. The Golf MK7 (with Xenon and newer ones without) however got those additional lamps inside the main headlights; those where originally planned to be controllable by Leuchten14AL and Leuchte15AL (hence the AL = Abbiegelicht). However this was scrapped for unknown reasons. However for the AdpMaps i got here the Abblendlicht function is found on "Leuchte6ABL LC5-Lichtfunktion A 6" and "Leuchte7ABL RB1-Lichtfunktion A 7".

My idea with the mix-up of Abblendlicht (low beam) and Abbiegelicht (cornering light) is, for some reason, common - especially along English speakers. Also it fits OPs problem description very well. I guess we just sit here and wait for his response.

paulmac

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=188350
Thanks all - I will test and report back - and yes TBAx, I did confuse Abblendlicht and Abbiegelicht !

paulmac

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=188350
Hi all - thanks everyone for there help - it's all working now!! very happy

Audi A3 (pre facelift - Xenon and Halogen Headlights without All weather lights only) Static Cornering lights via Fog Lights:

09 - Cent Elect
(2) Static AFS light-Vorschrift = ECE R48 or ECE R119 (2014 and 2015 Cars) I did ECE R119

paulmac

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=188350
Just a note to the above change - the corner lights only function when the headlights are fully on (manually or auto) in the 8P the headlights didn't need to be on - not a big deal but this is one of the reasons that I had an issue checking whether it worked (i.e. difference between the 8P and 8V functionality).

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241

09 - Cent Elect
(2) Static AFS light-Vorschrift = ECE R48 or ECE R119 (2014 and 2015 Cars)

Steering Activation / Deactivation Angles
(6) -statisches Headlights Low-wheel angle
(7) -statisches cornering light-Upper steering wheel angle

Speed Thresholds (operation and switch off)
(3) Select a static cornering light-Lower speed threshold
(4) Select a static cornering light-Top speed threshold

Would this be the same for post face lift???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back