Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Erwin ODIS Update.......and I-Wire time

29144526.jpg

erWin Monthly News​
february 2016
Finding the ODIS Operator’s Manual

Did you know there was an operator’s manual that came with your ODIS software? Well, there is. It’s a little hard to find but well worth the search. Click here or on the image below to view the online demo and learn how to access the manual. You can then either download it or save it to your desktop for future use.

Note: Clicking on the image may not work on all browsers.

Software Load 3.0 and Above

For those of you making the switch to the downloadable version of ODIS, be careful. Make sure you read the instructions from start to finish. If you click the download button without going through the preliminary steps for the certificate and license, you will get an error message. I have already had a few calls on that.

[FONT=’Open Sans’][FONT=’Open Sans’][FONT=’Open Sans’][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]i-Wire is Here!
I thought we should send another reminder about the i-Wire application. If you have tried it and like it, please send us your feedback. We would really appreciate it.

i_Wire1_thumb.png

Long-Term ODIS Users

For all of you folks who have been using ODIS for over a year, be aware that the licenses are only good for two years. You may get a message that you are not authorized to use the app or a similar message. It could be that the license file has expired. You would need to go back to the erWin site and request a new one (Step 3 under Vehicle Diagnostics).

ODIS Passwords
Just a reminder...if you haven’t used the ODIS app since your last VW or Audi was in the bay, the login passwords are all lowercase and the usernames are all uppercase.

12095321170.jpg

12095337170.jpg

12095432170.jpg

12095528170.jpg

Thank You for Your Continued Support

Thank you for your support of the monthly erWin newsletters. The response and feedback have been extremely positive and we will continue to keep you posted on all things related to erWin.

12120707.png

Kurt Immekus
Volkswagen Group of America
888-896-1298
techinfo@vw.com
erwin.vw.com / erwin.audiusa.com

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Finding the ODIS Operator’s Manual
Did you know there was an operator’s manual that came with your ODIS software? Well, there is. It’s a little hard to find but well worth the search.

ODIS Passwords
Just a reminder...if you haven’t used the ODIS app since your last VW or Audi was in the bay, the login passwords are all lowercase and the usernames are all uppercase.
This is supposed to be better than VAS-PC?

I've never seen it before, but it already doesn't sound impressive for recently developed software.

Jason

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Everything is moved to GFF and SVM i guess. No free hands for tech?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I wanted to show how overly complex this stupidity has become when compared to VCDS...

I wanna see a new sensor failure for auto stop cause a rear end collision with the guy behind you on the Cross Bronx Expressway.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Now this should be a reason why VW-AUDI should have to release long coding of the ABS/ESP; for these systems are related to the Emissions/Safety DOT/EPA regulated systems.

It should be straight forward information in charts and no hidden bullshit......additionally there should be a required override switch on dash.

What happens when telemetry/communication issue/sensor failure causes the aforementioned safety concern.

We have already witnessed the repercussions of the EPA ignoring my report of the ABS system, and how it effected the emissions/safety systems in 2008> on all cars....... not just TDI.

When the stop short rear end hits happen......... don't say you were not warned!

Jef

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
I wanted to show how overly complex this stupidity has become when compared to VCDS.

That boat sailed with misGuided Fault Finding, so what, 13 or so years ago?

Jack@European_Parts said:
It should be straight forward information in charts and no hidden bullshit.

The problem is, IMHO, the people who make these kind of stupid decisions are not the people who actually work on cars. These are people who couldn't check tire pressure.

And then the accountants get involved.... :banghead:

VR6 Bug

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=197078
I like I-wire. Very limited amount of cars in it tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back