Status
Not open for further replies.

MASLtd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=166561
I need to reset the "service due" indicator on a 2009 A5 V6 Quattro.

I can not post in the relevant section as my account still isnt varified!!

I have gone through the SRI setting in VCDS, it has reset the oil life etc. But has not reset the "service due" indicator on the dash.

Could someone point me in the direction of the correct procedure when the SRI method wont work.

Please note all my details have been emailed to Ross Tech for varification but as yet I still can not post!

Thanks in advance

MAS

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I would say it's because you joined the forum about two weeks before you registered your system, and you did not put anything like "Please Check my Forum Status" in the 'Notes' field of your registration request. I'm afraid we don't have the resources to check every single registration that comes in to see if the person registering might be eligible for a forum status upgrade. ;)

Anyway, I just flipped your status to Verified.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have gone through the SRI setting in VCDS, it has reset the oil life etc. But has not reset the "service due" indicator on the dash.
I would guess then that one of the Inspections (either the time-based one of the mileage-based one) is also due.

Connect VCDS to the car, click [SRI Reset], let VCDS read the SRI-relevant channels, then click [Add to logfile] and post the results here.

-Uwe-

MASLtd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=166561
I would say it's because you joined the forum about two weeks before you registered your system, and you did not put anything like "Please Check my Forum Status" in the 'Notes' field of your registration request. I'm afraid we don't have the resources to check every single registration that comes in to see if the person registering might be eligible for a forum status upgrade. ;)

Anyway, I just flipped your status to Verified.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe

I did send all my details to you guys, but ye thanks for changing.

I will get log file tomorrow and post.

Thanks

MAS

MASLtd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=166561
Here is the log file:

Code:
Sunday,13,May,2018,11:27:06:24562
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x86
VCDS Version: 18.2.0.3
Data version: 20180212 DS287.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

Dealer/Shop Name: Marshall Auto Services Ltd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VCDS Release 18.2.0:  SRI Reset
Control Module Part Number: 8T0 920 981 B       Labels:  .8T0-920-xxx-17.clb
Component:KOMBIINSTR.   H29 0221, Coding:2F05010002002600010000
Operation: Please select an operation
************************************************************************************************************************
Channel  	Description                                       	Unit      	Current val.  	New val.  
02       	Service Reminder Status                           	          	1             	---       
40       	Distance since Service                            	km x100   	1             	---       
41       	Time since Service                                	Days      	2             	---       
42       	Minimum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	145           	---       
43       	Maximum Distance to Service                       	km x100   	306           	---       
44       	Maximum Time to Service                           	Days      	730           	---       
45       	Oil Quality                                       	          	1             	---       
47       	Soot Quantity                                     	DIST x100 	1             	---       
48       	Thermal Load                                      	DIST x100 	1             	---       
49       	Minimum Time to Service                           	Days      	730           	---       
50       	Basic Distance Value for Oil Change               	km x100   	150           	---       
51       	Basic Time Value for Oil Change                   	Days      	365           	---       
52       	Basic Distance Value for Inspection               	km x100   	190           	---       
53       	Distance since Inspection                         	km x100   	1             	---       
54       	Basic Time Value for Inspection                   	Days      	730           	---       
55       	Time since Inspection                             	Days      	733           	---       
56       	Day Counter                                       	Days      	3606          	---       
************************************************************************************************************************

MAS

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Here's the problem:

55 Time since Inspection Days 733
exceeds:
54 Basic Time Value for Inspection Days 730

From the pull-down menu, select 'Time based Service Reset' and click "Perform SRI"

You might also need to stuff a 0 into Channel 02 as well.

-Uwe-

k1sr

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=227020
Looks like I might be in the same boat...

Created a forum login, couldn't work out why I wasn't verified (thought it was like other forums, and you just wait), then found I had to register my dongle, so did that, now I figure I need to make some noise??

Heads up that maybe the process isn't not quite clear enough for users.

Mind you, I only registered my dongle yesterday, but have been needing to involve myself in some threads since I first created a login.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looks like I might be in the same boat...

Created a forum login, couldn't work out why I wasn't verified (thought it was like other forums, and you just wait), then found I had to register my dongle, so did that, now I figure I need to make some noise??

Heads up that maybe the process isn't not quite clear enough for users.

Mind you, I only registered my dongle yesterday, but have been needing to involve myself in some threads since I first created a login.
I'm not sure what's unclear about the instructions in the How to Get Verified thread, which is the one and only "sticky" thread in this section of the forum. :confused:

You simply missed a step there: Also, please put "Please check my forum status" in the 'Notes or Special Instructions' field of the form. ;)

But you're Verified now.

-Uwe-

MASLtd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=166561
Here's the problem:

55 Time since Inspection Days 733
exceeds:
54 Basic Time Value for Inspection Days 730

From the pull-down menu, select 'Time based Service Reset' and click "Perform SRI"

You might also need to stuff a 0 into Channel 02 as well.

-Uwe-

Followed instructions above and all sorted, thanks again Uwe.

Although after resetting, channel 2 still showed current value as "1", is this cause for concern or is it just "On" so next time parameters don't match it will trip dash message?

Thanks again

MAS

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Normally if channel 2 is anything but a zero, it indicates that some service or inspection is still due.

-Uwe-

MASLtd

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=166561
Normally if channel 2 is anything but a zero, it indicates that some service or inspection is still due.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe

I will check tomorrow, although the "service due" indicator is now off, maybe just needed running then do the log, I just cycled the ignition.

MAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back