VCDS + HEX-V2 + OBD2 (other manufacturers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pnaky

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=138706
Hi there,

I replaced my old one HEX-CAN cable by new HEX-V2. After that I tried set up connection to Peugeot 307 (2004) by VCDS 17.1.3 with error.

VCDS show error message like (sorry for poor translate, I use VCDS with Czech translation): Vehicle is not ISO/OBD2 compatible. But it's not true, because I connect older HEX-CAN cable and everything working well again. During almost 1 hour I tried substract new configuration for HEX-V2 cable: Settings > Bypass OBD2 Fastinit without success.

Is there any option how to set for HEX-V2 cable and OBD2 vehicle direct reading by Bypass instead connection to Address 30?

In other topic on this board I've seen post about "protection" ECU for scan - is it this case?

Thank you so much!

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Hi, please make us a debug 1024 of trying OBD2 with the hex-v2, and one of succeeding with the hex-usb+can. Send to support@ross-tech.com .

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Good job on the debug files. The HUC debug file shows this ECM responds to fast init, which may not be implemented (or not correctly/tested) in the hex-net / hex-v2. As Shaun's on vacation, that is probably not something that's going to be done in the next couple weeks, but I'll see if we have anything at the office that could be used for this; it was implemented/tested in the HUC when I worked on a Citroen in France in the mid-2000s :) Otherwise I may search for a PSA ECM on ebay, I guess... if you know which models specifically do K-line fast init, that would be a great help.

Reactions: Uwe

Pnaky

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=138706
Thanks for fast reply! I still have a backup in HUC instead full functionality of HEX-V2 will be implemented :)
I can't help you anymore because I don't have more OBD2 cars close to me for debuging and testing compatibility with HEX-V2 and fastinit.

PS: I hope you will release a new version of HEX-V2 firmare ;) Good luck!

Pnaky

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=138706
Hi there again,

do you have any update in this case? My supplier (AutoComSoft - Czech Republic) release new version of VCDS one week ago but HEX-V2 still not compatible with other OBD2 cars.

I'm little bit disappointed because I spent almost $350 for cable purchase and there isn't any progress.

I really appriciate your effort for fixing that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back