Status
Not open for further replies.

gearguts

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312957
Hello, I just got my hex v2 and I have been having trouble...I have a brand new asus 555d laptop running windows 10 (yes it's updated). I installed the software from the website and followed the on screen instructions. Test finished successfully and prompted to update. when I hit okay and it goes to the update screen it never works, just times out. I tried the registration as well and i get a failure to register. I have removed and reinstalled I have turned of all the power management settings for the usb I have turned off all firewalls, windows and the modem I have tried updating the driver and it says most current version installed, I made sure that my account was administrator and that no restriction are in place. I don't know what else to do ?? I'm not very familiar with windows 10, I'm a mac user 75% of the time so maybe I have something set wrong ? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance, Matt.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
What equipment is between your computer and the internet? Sounds like something on your network is blocking outbound connections...

-Uwe-

gearguts

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312957
Only a Cisco cable modem 5d2451. I have been through its setup menus trying to see if I can find anything but no luck. I even tried with no security or firewalls. No luck, I just recently formatted and restored my computer, updated windows and reinstalled the hex v2 programing from the website. Still no luck, what kind of language should i look for in my modem setup that relates to limiting outbound connections, Maybe I missed something obvious ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
This computer is presumably a laptop, right?

Can you set up your phone as a WiFi hotspot and let your laptop connect to that? If it works that way, they we know there's something wonky about your internet connection. If it still doesn't work, then there's something strange going on with your computer.

-Uwe-

gearguts

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=312957
Okay so you made me suspicious enough of my internet connection that I thought I would try to call my service provider and see if I could get through to a real person. I did and right away we found that something is wrong with my connection, the tech did something to make it work for now but he's sending a service worker tomorrow to look at my house wiring...So after that call i tried again and it timed out.... I tried two more times and the third try worked ! the device updated and i was able to complete the registration. So we are good to go for now, funny thing is I never noticed anything else having problems with the internet until i tried this device. So i guess a thanks is due for helping me fix problems i never knew I had ! Regards, Matt.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Great! Now that you're registered, I'll move this to Product Support.

-Uwe-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back