Understanding IMA-ISA Values for VAG Piezo Diesel Injectors...

Ryan.Carver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42996
As routine maintenance at 120K, I am replacing the Fuel Injectors on my wife's 2015 Audi Q5 3.0L TDI. The new injectors are VAG P/N: 059130277EM. Does anyone know how to decode the Injector Quantity Adjustment (IMA) and Injector Voltage Adjustment (ISA) values into useful data? I understand Diesel Injectors work as a team and adjust for each other. Would this information prove useful for proper Injector to Cylinder placement?

Here are the new Injector values:
B11GC1G
B11UFWG
A1AEBSG
CTIYG1G
A1SF6NF
B111F5F

DrPeter

Ross-Tech Employee
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hello,

I do not think there is any information out there in the public's hands that would help determine what these values actually mean or how to 'decode' them. And if there was, would it really be of any use to someone who is not in the business of calibrating/rebuilding these injectors? Who knows, the data may show timing, flow rate or quantity or spray pattern at different voltages, etc... ?

The most important thing is that your Engine controller knows what it means and how to adjust as needed. ;)

You could reach out to Volkswagen or even the supplier of the injectors to see if they can provide more information.

Hope this helps,

drpeter

Reactions: Uwe

Ryan.Carver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42996
Replaced them all and coded the new values. Engine feels completely different after replacing the Injectors (@120K).

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
As routine maintenance at 120K, I am replacing the Fuel Injectors on my wife's 2015 Audi Q5 3.0L TDI.
You have too much time and money....
Do you have injector deviations pre & post said PM?
Any other type of actual data\metrics other than feelings to validate this improvement?
I mean, I would want to feel like it did something too if I loaded up the parts cannon with $2.5k worth of parts :banghead:

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Would this information prove useful for proper Injector to Cylinder placement?
From what I recall reading throughout all the SSP and or Diesel Engine Management stuff I've given myself brain damage with thus far, it would not.
The values are just "calibrations" (to account for manufacturing tolerances) which allow the ECM to correctly fine tune the "baseline" prior to starting to rely on all its logic during operation and continuous adjustment while the engine is running from that point on. It's more ore less a "basic settings" sorta thing.

Read this if you're looking for some additional brain damage.

content

Ryan.Carver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42996
You have too much time and money....
Do you have injector deviations pre & post said PM?
Any other type of actual data\metrics other than feelings to validate this improvement?
I mean, I would want to feel like it did something too if I loaded up the parts cannon with $2.5k worth of parts :banghead:
I didn't replace them because it was a fashionable thing to do. I replaced them because every one of them had severely mushroomed Injector Nozzles and they were done. One failed in the past couple months (at the end of EEW) and the others were close behind. They did their job for 120K, but it was time for replacement. I didn't come here to get permission to replace my Injectors. I asked a question to see if there was a smarter way to install them. You know nothing of my situation to make such claims.

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
You know nothing of my situation to make such claims.
Quite true, however, you know nothing about....
As routine maintenance at 120K
Could you link me to the service table that says to replace injectors at 120K please?
I'm over 127K on my 3L so mine must be junk by now! :rolleyes:
Pardon me while I go look up the definition of routine.... English isn't my native tongue so I sometimes struggle with all that.

MrMeeseeks

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
LP/SN
Quite true, however, you know nothing about....

Could you link me to the service table that says to replace injectors at 120K please?
I'm over 127K on my 3L so mine must be junk by now! :rolleyes:
Pardon me while I go look up the definition of routine.... English isn't my native tongue so I sometimes struggle with all that.
Perhaps he was generalising 120k, since he had to replace the injectors anyway due to failure. Its no reason to flame him

• Agree
Reactions: Uwe

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Perhaps he was generalising 120k, since he had to replace the injectors anyway due to failure. Its no reason to flame him
Perhaps when one replaces components due to experiencing failures, the information shouldn't be presented as "preventative maintenance".....
When others who are less informed see this junk on forums, they start replacing very expensive parts without a good reason to.... because they read about someone replacing a HPFP as PM or injectors, or an engine, etc.

Ryan.Carver

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=42996
@MrMeeseeks Yes, I was generalizing. At this point in their service life, they were all severely mushroomed. Since one Injector had failed, I felt that replacing the other ~83% was warranted. It seems that others have a different opinion.

@SaVAGeSoot Thank you for your insights. Clearly, you value your pool of knowledge much more than I do. I never said "preventative maintenance" - I said routine maintenance. Based on my findings, it is a routine that I WILL be continuing. Feel free to stop your childish diatribe at any time, as I have already turned you off. Once again, thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

Back