Intro - 2012 Passat S w/ appearance, 2.5L with 6 speed Tiptronic Transmission

KathyMc712

Reaction score
New member here, although I have been lurking and learning from others in the B7/2012 Passat forums for the past year or so. Anyway, my name is Kathy and I bought my 2012 Passat 2 years ago. While I love the car's roominess inside (and OMG at the room in the trunk) and the sleek appearance on the outside, I must confess that I hate how picky she is when it comes to maintenance/parts! I've never owned a VW before (was always a Chevy girl until this car) and I've never had to worry about purchasing a specific brand/type/approved oil or parts for anything I've ever driven. However, I realize that VW is a good vehicle brand as far as longevity IF, and ONLY IF, the OEM replacement parts and approved routine maintenance oils, fluids, etc are used. I would love for my Passat to last another 10 years even though she is already 12 years old!

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you all for having me here. I hope to learn many more things from you all within these forums.

Kathy

P.S. I bought the Passat right after one of my favorite actresses, Ms. Betty White, passed away. I have named every vehicle I have ever owned and the VW is no exception! My car is named Betty Rose because she is classy like Betty White and dinggy like her Golden Girls character Rose Nyland! This car is always dinging about something! LOL! :)

Reactions: Uwe

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
Welcome to the forum. If you have a Ross-Tech VCDS tool, something you may want to keep handy, then please get verified so you can post in other areas of the forum. See the "How To" menu drop down in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Do enjoy Betty Rose. Keep her maintained by having our VCDS tool nearby always! VCDS can be the ding translator.

Back