2019 vw jetta to 2021 vw jetta tail lights.

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
Hey guys curious if anyone here has or knows the coding difference between the tail lights for vw jetta. It would appear as 19 jetta had amber turn signals where as the 21 does not. Swapped in the tail light but still no bueno. Curious if anyone has coding to have amber turn signals.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
The BCMs in those don't use coding. Dump Adaptation Maps from both and compare.

-Uwe-

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
The BCMs in those don't use coding. Dump Adaptation Maps from both and compare.

-Uwe-
I don't have a 2021 jetta here to compare to that the only issue. Pinout and wiring looks the same for both vehicles. So the change must be in adaption channel somewhere. IS there any tool out there currently that can compare adaption channel maps? Would be a great tool to have.

stefdds

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=174556
I remember several months back @Jef from RT did a post on some software that did just that; It would list both text files to compare side by side and it would highlight any changes or different words (etc.). . It was free software, something like "compare it" or similar to that concept.

Edit: Found it!

EuroX

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=208579
I remember several months back @Jef from RT did a post on some software that did just that; It would list both text files to compare side by side and it would highlight any changes or different words (etc.). . It was free software, something like "compare it" or similar to that concept.

Edit: Found it!
Good to know, now is there a way someone here has one of these cars mapped out so I can compare?

Back