Dsg gearbox codes and ratios?

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Ok so bought an hour and had a look about, closest i could find to that gearbox code was SYW, so selected that and then not going to lie got lost with in a sea of information, i typed ratio into the search function but again didnt turn up anything relevent! Not even sure if i was in the right section! Do you have any tips on where i should be looking?

I assumed Golf SV stands for SportsVan which would be the estate version of the golf? as it didnt show up as a golf SV, was option of ether golf or sportsvan?
We don't have those in our market, but based on what I'm seeing in the information I have access to, the options should be there.
Here's the actual part numbers if you want to cross reference with your part option.
Try contacting a dealer to see if they can give you any more info, but I would expect you to be able to find it on erwin as long as you make the correct selections.

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Additionally, I don't know what you're doing, or where you're struggling. Use the help docs\links\tutorials to figure out how to navigate, or just poke around.
Here's a quick sample of how you would get to something that interests you... in this case the 0D9 FSM we are discussing on the subject box

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Thanks for your ongoing help mate!

I think there is ether a difference between US and ROW Erwin as the one I’m using is similar but not set out the same as that, but interesting to see it’s in the repair manual section, I got into that and managed to navigate but struggled to open up anything document wise?

Also kick in the balls here… I bought an hours subscription and after working my way though every tdi SV You got a “blocked for 30 mins as submitted to much requests” haha! So yeh got half a hours use before it kicked me off!

Iv got a friend who has a friend that works at VW here, so Iv passed the other info you have got for me onto him so hoping he can come back with the details I’m needing!

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
There are different sites as per above link.
I actually had to mask my IP to make the video for you, because I can't even hit ROW erwin through simple browsing from here... I'm blocked
Make sure you go to the correct one.... you're killing me here with the struggle to find stuff on there :facepalm:

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Check it

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Can only apologise! I’m mainly a Ford and BMW background guy so I’m literally learning from the start with the VW stuff here!
Hell I couldn’t even pay to start with as the profile street form doesn’t let you put the house number first! That took me a while to figure out why the payment wasn’t going through!

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Yeh it was the ROW one I was using? But still didn’t look the same as that? Il buy a day pass and have another play about see if I can find what I’m looking for!

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
The video I did for you was done without any subscription... you should be able to replicate without paying for anything.... just browsing

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Il give it a go when I get home from work and see if it makes more sense to me then!

Thanks for the help! I’m sure after all this the ratios will be wrong and il be back to square one looking for ratios for another box haha!

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Thanks for the help! I’m sure after all this the ratios will be wrong and il be back to square one looking for ratios for another box haha!
Hopefully by then you'll know how to navigate the site to find the info you're after. :D

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Hopefully by then you'll know how to navigate the site to find the info you're after. :D
So after all that - no ratios! :banghead:

Found the manuals fine but some of them dont even list the box let alone the ratios, must of downloaded 20 documents!

But i did a quick gear ratio speed calculator and from what im seeing a TDI box doesnt work for me as 4th gear gets silly long!

I have found another box tho! This time from a Tiguan 1.4 TSI Box code QZM but again no data for it!
I have downloaded the workshop data for that box (its in with the CC and Passat) and have found this:

2.1.4 Tiguan 2008 ►If genuine parts are required for a repair, always refer to the gear‐box code.
Dual clutch gearbox 02E »front-wheel drive«
Codes PBK, PQC, QZM - Engine 1.4 l - 110, 118 kW TSI

So currently looking online for the PBK or PQC ratios and just going to take a chance that the QZM is in the ball park with them!

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
But i did a quick gear ratio speed calculator and from what im seeing a TDI box doesnt work for me as 4th gear gets silly long!
I suspect you're doing something wrong... you know that 1-4 use a different final than 5-6 on those boxes right?

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Yeh thats correct, thats why i was only putting 1-4 into the calculator as they dont allow 2 different FD's to be entered

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
But the TDI gears often start getting pretty long.
Makes sense since diesel engines reach peak power by roughly 4000 rpm, while most automotive gassers tend to be around 6000.

-Uwe-

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
Thanks, I had found that site and like you found it a pain to navigate, although I think for a single point it’s got the most ratios in one place.

Man on a mission to find any info on thefollowing as these were fitted from 2012 to 2017 PBK, PQC, QYV, SEZ, SET, OJP?

I’m going to assume a FWD DQ250 is the same bar the ratios? No other hardware changes.

SaVAGeSoot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=568688
Color me curious.... but why all these "requirements"?
I mean, you have plenty of grunt, so long gears shouldn't really be an issue... even if you only use 1-4 most of the time, because you won't be able to put the power to the ground anyways.... having a closer spread, will only make that harder......
And you did want to not top out early, so now that you get get past 180 and more, you're still not happy.....

Even if you find the "perfect" ratio or spread that you want, you're still going to have to put lots of coin into redoing everything inside those boxes as they are not rated to handle this kind of power\abuse in their OEM form.

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
It’s about capitalising, the car makes good power but in a very medium window of about 5500rpm to 8000rpm so you always want to be in or around that area. That’s why a diesel box won’t work.

Power to the ground isn’t an issue, car runs a race traction control and slick tyres.

And this is why I’m asking about ratios as I don’t have an endless pot of gold sadly. I’m looking for the best I can afford otherwise I would have walked into VW and bought a supercopa or a TCR DSG box. But ether way I know I’ll have to fit them with an upgraded clutch pack, LSD and a TCU tune, both other than that these box’s will take the power with no other mods bar some additional oil cooling which Iv already done.

jackstrath

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=554336
So just becasue my pet hate is topics that die as the OP solves his issue or what ever i thought id do a little update.

I couldnt decide if i was going to take the risk or not so i didnt. i played it safe.
Bought a brand new Golf GTi DQ250 gearbox, Brand new TCU, New Stage 4 TVS clutchs, New Wavetrac LSD and then had the TCU tuned by TVS to there stage 4 softwear.

Its in and im now currently working through the mapping side of things but this is taking a bit of time with limited hours to work on the car and take it out and run data logs and make little changes at a time. Its in and working pretty good for now!

Back