Possible to disable start stop feature on 2014 Seat Alhambra ? also battery charging for AGM batteries can be safely increased ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=114147
Hi there,

I have a 2014 Alhambra. I do short journeys, and have a lot of traffic around here, so always starting and stopping, and when i pull out my road, i need the car started, as i the road i get onto is quite busy to get onto. I tried to disable the start stop feature via VCDS, but when i restart the car, the feature resets to enabled !

Also i have two aftermarket amplifiers connected, and they cut out when the car restarts...(can be quite annoying when taking a phone call) i updated my battery to an 80ah AGM, but i believe the AGM batteries only charge to 80% for safety or longevity reasons. The current draw on restart causes the battery to cut out. Not sure if programming the car to believe the battery is a 90ah battery , i would get more charge...or if any way to get battery to charge to 90% ?

i made some notes on start stop findings via vcds, and am adding them below

Activation of start stop

Go control module, go to 01 engine, go to adaptation, select ide04168 – activation of start/stop function, stored value is active, put new value as not active, the importer number and equip number gets changed, and the new stored value shows as not active…but when I exit vcds, and turn off car and re-start vcds, I get the value as active…in other words, seems like the stop start resets to active….

Another way is to go to coding , long coding helper, no.6, I get stop start system installed. I deselect it and exit, and press do it, and get pop up message for wsc/importer/equipment data may be required, but even if I select yes or no, I get an error 31 message to say request out of range

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Just for clarity, is this the vehicle in question?

I'm reluctant give advice regarding the disabling of start/stop systems. I personally despise them, but I don't wanna be the guy who tells you how to make your vehicle no longer compliant with the emissions regs that it was certified to meet.

Battery management systems like yours (that include "recouperation") tend to leave headroom in the battery's state-of-charge to absorb the current dump when recouperation is active -- that's pretty much any time you're slowing down. I'm not sure how much this has to do with battery type.

If your aftermarket audio system cuts out when the engine re-starts, its probably wired to some load-reduction circuit. I really doubt that any battery parameter tweaking will affect this. Instead, you may want to look at exactly where the audio system gets switched and un-switched power from.

-Uwe-

Chimpy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=114147
i guess i will have to manually disable the stop and start, via the push button in the centre console for now

I forgot to mention, that when i got a chance to charge the battery with a smart charger, the amplifiers do not turn off on stop start situations.

I will retry with a direct positive on the remote, to by pass any possible load-reduction circuit, as this is a possibility. I will update this post, but it will take time to reply, as to when i get time to find access to the wiring. Not sure if i can even access the wiring, as i think its quite out the way under the seat, and may not be facing the doors. The direct feed is pure copper 0 gauge cable (fused), and i added an extra negative cable from the battery to chassis, as the standard one looked quite thin

Thanks for the reply, and information :-)

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Have you tried altering the Gateway’s temperature and voltage methods? If the channels are available on your gateway? If that’s not an option you can purchase a solderbale/wireable memory chip costing a few pounds/dollars which memorises the last time you pressed the button.

Chimpy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=114147
Have you tried altering the Gateway’s temperature and voltage methods? If the channels are available on your gateway? If that’s not an option you can purchase a solderbale/wireable memory chip costing a few pounds/dollars which memorises the last time you pressed the button.
Hi, i looked on ebay, there's a guy who sells them for £35.99, but he is out of stock atm. seller is is idegencris. here is the link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322352078637?ViewItem=&item=322352078637

as for the gateway and voltage methods, i will have to research this or would need some links or help as i don't know which setting to adjust..im surfing the net to find a solution.

even the compliance/regulations are a bit cloudy/grey area here in the UK as people saying recalls/software updates have caused damage to the vehicles and causes vehicle to regenerate more - even diesel leaking into the engine oil :-(

Thanks for the suggestions so far

Last edited:

Chimpy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=114147
I found a loose remote wire on the amplifier and secured it, i even direct wired it, but it didnt make any difference. Infact it caused the speakers to make a popping noise when starting the car.

Ill check the youtube channel, and ask that guy there - i didnt want to fit a capacitor as theyre quite big, but will see what he says.

ive ordered the start stop part from Ali Express. worked out cheaper at $28 which is about £23 - hopefully i wont get on screen error message, and can toggle when need be. It bridges onto the original cabling. Should be here in 2 weeks !

Thanks for the suggestions/information guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back