Status
Not open for further replies.

GaSelle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266649
After a few years away from the VAG brand, we just took delivery of a new VW ID.3. I know, that things has changed towards what can be coded (online access etc.)

So, what can VCDS "tweak" on an ID.3?

Mine is a "Life" model, so no Travel Assist, no Matrix and no Sport mode (only Eco and Comfort).

Things I would like to have activated, and would have thought possible in my old Skoda Superb.

The car has ACC and Lane Assist - can Travel Assist be activated?

Car has the A5 camera - can High Beam Assist be activated?

Can Sport mode be enabled?

Which VCDS intercace supports ID´s? (As cheap as possible :D Of course a genuine product, but only for use on my own car)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
A HEX-V2 will work fine, but lots of modules in that car are locked down with SFD.

Our Danish distributor @NEtech has an ID.3 himself and can probably offer some advice.

-Uwe-

GaSelle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266649
Hi Uwe,

Thanks, I´ve contacted Niels directly. It seems like the ID´s are "unknown Territory" for now.

Will there ever be a solution to work around SFD, or is that just the way it´s going?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Will there ever be a solution to work around SFD
I guess it depends on what you mean by that. We hope to be able to use SFD tokens with VCDS. If you're asking whether there will be a complete work-around that doesn't require tokens, well, I'm less hopeful about that.

-Uwe-

GaSelle

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266649
Thanks again, Uwe. The tokens, can they be bought online, or?

I´m just trying to figure out how much can be done with the new cars. I haven´t used VCDS for a few years now, only BimmerCode on my other car, but I had hopes for, that things could be activated on the ID
as on my old Superb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back