Search results

1. iichel

Driving mode button stopped working

Hi guys, The driving mode button is not responsive to presses Already tried - Check the coding of the BCM in 'button_function_3', it's set to Driving Program - Shorted the T10/7 to GND, no response - Enabled LED and it's indeed active - Checked MVB of BCM for button press -->...
  2. iichel

MQB - Relay for Headlight Washer System - Short to Ground

1 Fault Found: 787465 - Relay for Headlight Washer System B1262 11 [00001001] - Short to Ground Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear Freeze Frame: Fault Priority: 4 Fault Frequency: 1 Reset counter...
  3. iichel

BCM error: B2023 - Function Limitation due to Active Protection Function

I have no idea what this means to be honest, I don't even know what the error code means. Störschutzzählerüberlauf is one of these German words I'm struggling to dissect. I'm guessing too much attempts to protect it against electronic interference from radiowaves? Google showed a few other MQB...
  4. iichel

Updated BCM 5Q1, lost the locking beep :(

So I updated my 5Q0937086BM BCM to a 5Q1937084B (high to high). All works, just lost one function, the alarm beep. Autoscan --> https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/41008/#post-338262 I think it's about these channels: IDE02269-ENG116666-Acknowledgement signals-Akustische Rueckmeldung...
  5. iichel

Retrofitted a memory seat into my Passat B8, for the passenger

So I've been putting stuff into cars that don't belong there. Again. I know, you must be getting really tired of me. I'm sorry. A while ago I saw some Arteon seats for good money. They needed some love, some airbags, some plastic trim, switches and some seatbelt locks. So I bought them, bought...
  6. iichel

Store seat position in key - Passat B8 MQB

Hi guys, so my Passat B8 has a memory seat, soon it will have two memory seats. I figured it would be nice to have the car key linked to the seat position. I saw this image a while ago, this is also a Passat B8 pre-facelift. Would be nice to have the same menu in the mib with the...
  7. iichel

Happy new year!

I wish my dearest Ross-Tech friends the best for 2024 (and beyond)
  8. iichel

Resolved No label for MK100 5Q0 FM ABS controller

Hi guys, I updated the ABS module to the latest version FM, but it seems that it doesn't have a label (yet). It used to be 5Q0-907-379-IPB-V1.clb After chiptuning, the SW identifier of my engine controller is no longer linked. This is not a fault in VCDS but a SW version that shouldn't come in...
  9. iichel

Retrofitting torque splitting rear differential 08E to Passat B8 - no comms!

Hi guys, So I'm just doing my usual 'putting stuff in a car that shouldn't have them'. The parts in question are the rear torque split differentials: It also comes in the new Mk8 R golf and more relevant, in the Arteon facelift. I have a sloppy autoscan taken from a PDF, sorry about that...
  10. iichel

MQB GVL strings and how they relate to the actual list?

When I check out my own gateway, it looks like this: Address 19: CAN Gateway (J533) Labels:| 3Q0-907-530-V1.clb Part No SW: 3Q0 907 530 AA HW: 3Q0 907 530 C Component: GW MQB High 518 5366 Serial number: 06071710802132 Dataset Number: V03935278KN 0001 Coding...
  11. iichel

VW Polo AW 1.6 TDI DSG - Adblue error in instrument cluster

My old man's Polo AW 1.6 TDI has an adblue error instrument cluster, no more engine start after 1000km. That's a treat we take seriously so we suited up with VCDS, and it showed... nothing? Sunday,22,October,2023,15:14:39:11868 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7...
  12. iichel

Passat B8 - easy close - mirror fold - kick to close

I'm scratching my head guys. I know it happens a lot, but your inputs will be appreciated. I retrofitted easy open and easy close to my MY2018 Passat B8. It was wonderful :) Today I did the same trick to a MY2017 Passat B8, installed the module behind rear bumper, swapped 0x6D to 5Q0..M and...
  13. iichel

VW Passat B8 3G Manoeuvre lights

So my Passat has the ambient light package with the puddle lights in the mirrors. The lights are from factory and come on when the car is unlocked. From factory, the car had the RVC compact and I retrofitted it to Area View 360 degree cam. Would like to activate the Manoeuvre lights (puddle...
  14. iichel

3Q0 ACC radar C1103

Work was done to the car: - Installed front camera for 360 cam in front logo --> drove fine afterwards - Installed different intercooler, took off entine front clip --> all was fine afterwards - Full wheel alignment --> next drive ACC / front assist unavailable 0791 - Sensor for Automatic...
  15. iichel

VW Tiguan 5N 1.4 TSI CAV twincharge - P10A4

The patient is referred from a local garage, with a persistent P10A4 error. Original intake regulating flap was replaced some weeks ago and now car has the same issues. Diagnosis was a defective valve, and covered by warranty. Car came to my shop for a second opnion. First, the scan...
  16. iichel

Areaview 360 camera retrofit - calibration doesn't pass

So, first off, I'm using the dealer O-tool to do calibration instead of VCDS, since I that's the way to do it. The car is a VW Passat B8 2017, pre-facelift. I'm using a 5Q0 907 556C module, that came in the facelift version. I'm using the C module since that will work with the front camera in...
  17. iichel

Passat B8 - Easy open retrofit - Sensor not found by Kessy module

I'm fitting the Easy Open system to my Passat B8. That comes in two parts: adding a sensor in the rear bumper, connected to the kessy module replacing a button in the electric tailgate and changing the 6D module So for now I added the 3G0 module to my passat, T4/1 to GND T4/2 vacant T4/3 to...
  18. iichel

Passat B8 MQB - brake lights off when Auto Hold is enabled and brake not pressed

Is it possible to turn off the brake lights when auto hold is active and the brake pedal is not pressed? Scan and adapmaps: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?posts/297982/
  19. iichel

Maps VW Passat B8 2.0 TSI 4-Motion DSG CJXA 2017 (MY 2018)

PM for VIN if you need it. Model Passat Variant 4Motion BlueMotion technology PA Date of production 01.08.2017 Year 2018 Sales type 3G54PR Engine Code CJXA Transmission Code SYP Axle drive 6A Equipment OH Roof color 0R Exterior color / Paint Code PR Number Attribute Description Wheelbases...
  20. iichel

MQB dimming exterior mirror

So let's talk about my new 2018 VW Passat B8. So according to PL24, it has the driver mirror: 3G1 857 507 DP Exterior mirror housing D - 01.05.2017>> left lhd 1 PR:6XW,6XI, 6XT+KA0,KA2 With mirror glass: 3G0 857 521 A mirror glass (aspherical- wide angle) with plate * automatic...
Back