Search results

1. NZDubNurd

T5 caravelle / Transporter Cuts out in Reverse

I'd have a serious look at the revesre switch and light wiring as a start. I don't know why it would kill the engine, but perhaps there is a short or current path that drops a voltage too low and kills a module etc? I'd isolate it in sections. Firstly, I'd probably unplug the switch and see if...
  2. NZDubNurd

High Fuel Consumption on 5N VW Tiguan

what is the measures consumption over a few tanks? Kms travelled and litres used, measured from a brimmed tank, to another brimmed tank, say 3 or 4 times. Also, I can drive my wifes car much faster than her and still use less fuel... Slow does NOT always equal economical. Have you got any...
  3. NZDubNurd

Second bad abs sensor?

"camber adjusment shim"...
  4. NZDubNurd

2009 Touareg TDI Kessy replacement general questions

Yeah, He tells me that the NZ dealer wants NZ$4K for the module... US$2400... Thanks! His module shows part number 3D0 909 139 D on the outside, and that number appear to come in both 315MHz and 433 MHz. His is 433 MHz, as it was sold NZ new, so is a Euro model. The Japanese use 315MHz, like...
  5. NZDubNurd

2009 Touareg TDI Kessy replacement general questions

Hi peeps, My Uncle has a 2009ish 3.0 TDI Touareg with Kessy, that he tells me is faulty! I've lost the scan from it (on another PC!), but in general terms, KESSY replacemet requires a suitable part number and "colour code", doesn't it? Plus having the correct (433MHZ) module. Then either...
  6. NZDubNurd

Random Videos

OK, Mr Mackey.
  7. NZDubNurd

Mk1 TT 3.2 DSG to Manual Swap Coding

Be aware that it didn't work for my R32 manual Touran conversion, which is MK5 based though. You may have to get matching software from the exact equivalent hardware version. It DID, however, clear the ABS fault code for the missing TCU. *IF* you need to swap the ECU... price a new one first...
  8. NZDubNurd

Resolved 07 Touareg V6 - No AC yet VCDS Says Compressor is On

It could just be the regulating valve in the compressor too.
  9. NZDubNurd

Coding a "non-genuine" battery for 2009 Touareg FSI

I would guess the majority of Touaregs on NZ roads are Japanese imports. It doesn't compute that "one of the top 3 guys" wouldn't know that stuff... and if they do a lot of keys, a good chunk of NZ fleet are imports from Japan. Certainly in the past (and I would assume 2009 wouldn't be...
  10. NZDubNurd

Accidentally Clicked "resetting of all adaptation values" For DSG

Not at all. I just used your own "logic" reversed, trying to point out how stupid you look. You haven't managed to reflect on that. You've doubled-down and reinforced how you come across. If we came to your work and expected your services for no reward to yourself, you'd be happy with that...
  11. NZDubNurd

Accidentally Clicked "resetting of all adaptation values" For DSG

How about you come and replace the transmission in my wife's car, I give Uwe $1000 and we all call it even???
  12. NZDubNurd

VCDS backup all settings of the control units before replacement battery

If it's not pre-wired, you can de-pin and move the terminal in the fusebox to the terminal 15 side of the fusebox.
  13. NZDubNurd

2008 Touareg 4.2 FSI BAR Misfiring On All Cylinders

Is there power getting to the misfiring cylinders coils? Maybe they all share a common fuse? My VR6 runs two banks of 3 coils. It might be worth a compression test too, just as a starting point.
  14. NZDubNurd

Como configurar o sensor de sensação no carro audi a3 8p1 2004

You need to install the English version of VCDS and do a FULL scan, and post the ENTIRE scan. Complete, without translation.
  15. NZDubNurd

Fuel Pressure.

It'll be a returnless system - the regulator in the filter will return to the tank, but the filter outlet will just run to the rail and go nowehere else. We have a pair of Tourans, which (used to) run FSI engines. They run a varaible pressure fuel system, and can vary the low pressure pump...
  16. NZDubNurd

... it was funny to me....

It's all fun and games, until someone gets un-dead-ed!
  17. NZDubNurd

Fuel Pressure.

It might not even have a sensor. Some ECU's calculated some values, and some just use a "fixed" value If it has one, I'd suspect it was on the fuel rail somewhere.
  18. NZDubNurd

Golf V 2004, ESP does not work

You'd need the module from a VW version. Whilst they basically function the same, they made it so VW and Audi parts aren't interchangeable. Even though they have the same part number :facepalm:
  19. NZDubNurd

Golf V 2004, ESP does not work

Since the ABS calls itself "ALLRAD", I'll assume someone has put an AUDI ABS module in, instead of a VW one. the VW one should say: "Component: ESP 4MOTION MK60 0102 "
  20. NZDubNurd

MK5 FSI GTI ECM/Connector Issues

Although it affects diesels much more, the engine mounts on all MK5s are crap and go squishy really quickly. This allows the engine to jump around more, as the play in the mounts increases. The wiring loom to the engine goes from the engine/trans near the starter, across to the chassis rail...
Back