Search results

1. Crafty345

Catch can

I have a MK6 GTD with the CBBB engine, I'm looking at installing a catch can and would like to know if anyone here has one, what brand, cost, easy to fit and does it work as expected?
  2. Crafty345

EGR Coolant Hose

I'm having trouble finding the coolant hose that feeds the EGR, its a short elbow, does anyone know where I can get one?
  3. Crafty345

Key Programming

Why does progress make things harder, I had to replace a key in my old Mk5, was very easy to do, change the blade over and place the glass transponder (if that's what its called - little glass tube) in the new case and put it back together - job done. Not so easy with the Mk6, the transponder...
  4. Crafty345

Interface not found

Hi, was running VCDS fine until I upgraded to the latest release on my MSI laptop clean install win11, I have a Auto Intern HV2, downloaded USB driver form Auto Intern and it loaded fine but when I look at Device Manager "other devices" the USB serial port shows a yellow triangle, right click on...
  5. Crafty345

2005 MKV 2.0 FSI Stereo

Can a stereo/radio from a MKVI be fitted and coded to a MKV? Stereo in the MKVI is Part No SW: 5K0 035 190 HW: 5K0 035 190 - Component: Radio RCD510 040 0167. Reason I ask is I just bought the MKVI (GTD) and have an Apple car play in the MKV and I want to swap them over - MKV will be up...
  6. Crafty345

2010 MK6 Golf GTD Tyre pressure monitoring issue

I have a MK6 GTD, every now and then the TPMS lights up on my dash but when I check my tyre pressures there is no flat tyre or under inflated tyre, I believe this system goes off the ABS module - IE when the ABS reads a slower speed from a wheel it triggers the fault, I haven't checked the...
  7. Crafty345

Some issues with my MK6 GTD

Who has and how do I correctly code my stereo? The manifold flap position sensor is a somewhat easy fix although I have the plastic manifold and can I do the basic setting adaptation for the HVAC flap? Chassis Type: 1K-VW36 (1K0) Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 15 16 17 19 25 42 44 46 52 56 62 72 VIN...
  8. Crafty345

MkV Golf stall when hot and wont restart until cold

I have a MkV Golf 2.0 FSI (BLX engine code), car starts fine when cold but will stall when it gets hot but not when running down the highway, it happens when you are off throttle and turning a corner. I can here the elec fuel pump cycling when I turn the key on but it just seems to be starving...
  9. Crafty345

Navi maps for 2015 Audi

Does anyone know where I can purchase the latest Navi map (Australia) other than paying the exorbitant price that Audi wants?
  10. Crafty345

MKV Golf 2.0 FSI Oil Pressure Warning

So my golf keeps flashing the oil pressure light with the warning - "STOP!" Oil Pressure Engine Off. This is at the top of the multi function display, thing is there are no fault codes for the engine. Should I replace the oil pressure sender and if so where is it?
  11. Crafty345

MKv Golf 2.0 FSI Cooling Issues

I have a cooling issue that I hope someone can help me with, I have just replaced the thermostat housing which came with a new thermostat and sensor, the problem is that temp gauge only gets to 90C, the bottom radiator hose is cold and this is after the engine idling for 30 minutes, the rest of...
  12. Crafty345

Is my DPF stuffed?

Is my DPF stuffed? Monday,20,August,2018,20:28:35:42630 VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64 VCDS Version: 18.2.1.2 (x64) Data version: 20180518 DS287.1 www.Ross-Tech.com VIN: WAUZZZ8T1AA026759 License Plate: Mileage: 126490km-78597mi Repair Order: Address...
  13. Crafty345

ECU Pins

Does anybody know what the T17r (white) wire connects to, or what function it does in the ECU, if anyone can help I might be able to get some money back from a recent repair. The car is a 2010 Audi A5 with a 3.0 turbo diesel (8T). Thanks
  14. Crafty345

Key coding

My ECU was replaced and the dealer did not code the spare key, can I do this with VCDS?
  15. Crafty345

Coding a key

I had my ECU (engine) replaced last year, the dealer ship did not code the spare key and I have moved interstate so I can't take the car and key back to them, can I code the key using my VCDS?
Back