Cheaters? Recalls? Discuss

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Where oh where do the lies, lie in the incomplete combustion of the injected supply of air and fuel, why oh why?

http://www.tsi.com/TSI-University/

http://www.tsi.com/Engine-Emissions-Testing/
EngineEmmisions%20.jpg

william-wordsworth-hires-cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Huh?

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...sed-of-selling-cars-with-rear-seat-belt-fault

Volkswagen and Seat accused of selling cars with rear seatbelt fault

Sounds like the affected vehicles are not "Fit For Purpose" because the rear middle seat cannot be safely used they cannot be used as the 5 seater they are described as:
The company told Which? that it will “in due course” be issuing affected owners with a sticker warning them not to use the rear middle seat.

The lack of enforcement action is, sadly, typical of the lack of action by the UK authorities against car manufacturers who sell dangerous or faulty vehicles.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Sounds like the affected vehicles are not "Fit For Purpose" because the rear middle seat cannot be safely used
I would argue that anyone who tries to put three people in the rear seat of a Polo or an Ibiza should be jailed for crimes against humanity. :D

-Uwe-

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Sounds like the affected vehicles are not "Fit For Purpose" because the rear middle seat cannot be safely used they cannot be used as the 5 seater they are described as:

The lack of enforcement action is, sadly, typical of the lack of action by the UK authorities against car manufacturers who sell dangerous or faulty vehicles.
I think manufacturers, Volkswagen being only one of them, are going overboard with recall actions lately because the penalties for "knew about a defect but didn't tell anyone" are so steep. So if they become aware of something that could possibly be interpreted as a defect in any light, including years later by opposing counsel or government prosecutors, they're getting out in front of it.

I just got notification of the twelfth recall and/or service action on my 2018 Atlas. This one is because there's something wrong with the emissions compliance sticker under the hood, which requires an emissions compliance recall. This is not a joke. :rolleyes:

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
I just got notification of the twelfth recall and/or service action on my 2018 Atlas. This one is because there's something wrong with the emissions compliance sticker under the hood, which requires an emissions compliance recall. This is not a joke. :rolleyes:
Sounds like they go too far in the US, but not far enough in the UK.

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
Volkswagen and Seat accused of selling cars with rear seatbelt fault
Well I don't if it is the press, UK importer or "Which" who want to make some discussion/noise.

My brother waited for his new Polo, about 6 months.
The car came finally May 15, standing at the dealer.
But now he could get it, because of the seatbelt fault.
It was then corrected about 10 days later, and delivered.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I think manufacturers, Volkswagen being only one of them, are going overboard with recall actions lately because the penalties for "knew about a defect but didn't tell anyone" are so steep. So if they become aware of something that could possibly be interpreted as a defect in any light, including years later by opposing counsel or government prosecutors, they're getting out in front of it.

I respectfully disagree Jason............ :rolleyes:

Reality is, when problems are a result of shit work or a mistake, a company should own it and fix it expediently.

What will happen now & due to that regulation you think is an overreach aforementioned, it will force the company to consider better work practices and quality control or cost themselves more money & liability.

Rules are important and so is handling FOD or induced FOD!

FAA log books and IA over sees an AP, & personally I'd like to see this applied in the auto industry or as we transition into self driving, EV, complicated restraints, etc. or hopefully anti gravity sooner than one might think. :p

What happened to work ethic, quality work and pride of ones trade?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
What happened to work ethic, quality work and pride of ones trade?
Gone, disappeared, lost for ever.

Towards the end of my working career I became increasingly frustrated how little care many younger engineers took at doing their work thoroughly, thoughtfully and (most importantly) correctly. If they did a bad job they just shrugged their shoulders (metaphorically) and begrudgingly corrected the problem whilst whinging and whining.

It seems the work ethic nowadays is do something NOW, even if it's rubbish since most punters will never notice - and if they do notice won't be bothered to complain. For a PROPER professional engineer that attitude stank, so I was getting stressed and decided to retire early.

[/rant]

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
[h=1]First Shift: Report: VW likely to ask jailed Stadler to quit[/h][h=1]http://canada.autonews.com/article/20180914/VIDEO/309149998/1128

55d4a9f52acae70f008c1833-750-375.jpg

Quit or you're fired?[/h]

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Germany is pissed at this guy, & like Trump Said.......
You're Fired!

VW fires jailed Audi CEO Rupert Stadler

https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/02/vw-fires-audi-ceo-rupert-stadler-diesel-emissions-cheating/

[FONT=&quot]The supervisory boards of Volkswagen AG and AUDI AG have today consented to the conclusion of an agreement with Rupert Stadler on the termination of his offices as a member of the board of management of Volkswagen AG and chairman of the board of management of AUDI AG as well as of his service agreements. Mr. Stadler is leaving the companies with immediate effect and will no longer work for the Volkswagen Group. Mr. Stadler is doing so because, due to his ongoing pretrial detention, he is unable to fulfill his duties as a member of the board of management and wishes to concentrate on his defense. The contractual execution depends on the course and outcome of the criminal proceedings.[/FONT]

Back