Bolero to Armundson MIB1-MIB2..Mk3 Octavia

8ashley8

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342389
Hi, new to the forum and VCDS.

Firstly I apologise is this has been cover before, I’ve been unable to google anything useful

As the title goes, I’d like to upgrade my stereo system in an MY15 fl Skoda Octavia Vrs. With...I’m told the newer BCM if that helps anyone

I have started to buy the main unit and screen, USB etc and an enthusiasts cable from Gendan online...

The main question is, can my cable carry out the nessesary coding modifications required to enable my stereo and it features to work correctly.

Thank you...Ash

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Without knowing the exact details, I'm fairly certain the MIB MQB units need to have its component protection deactivated. I think it's best to have an official Skoda dealer do this.

8ashley8

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342389
I’ve got it booked in for service so that’s hopefully going be done then.

Everything else, adaptations etc I’ll be able to do?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Without knowing the exact details, I'm fairly certain the MIB MQB units need to have its component protection deactivated. I think it's best to have an official Skoda dealer do this.
Other Octavia owners have found (try looking in the briskoda Octavia III forum, especially at posts by user Sasha) that the dealer can remove the CP but if you have any extra features (which require FeC or SWaP codes) then the dealer cannot do any of them which your car currently doesn't have - so you can't add new features, to do that your unit has to be sent to someone who can "hack" the feature enabling and your car will always show fault codes for those added features.

8ashley8

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342389
That’s a shame, I was looking forward to do the work myself.

I’ve alreay contacted a chap from Poland who is able to make these changes.

Anyone closer able to do it? Yorkshire-UK

8ashley8

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342389
Actually, what are FeC and SWaP codes? Can I get them? Can the dealer?

Mika_M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=183725
Feature enablement codes for enabling features in different modules. You can not get them. Dealer can get them, but only for features that existed in your car when it left the factory. It's my understanding that the only way to add new features, is above mentioned hacked units.

EDIT: Dealer can also get codes for new added features, if they are available for purchase (SWAP). If you pay them for those, of course.

Reactions: Uwe

8ashley8

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=342389
Ok, I remember asking and been told that for £169 they could update firmware and enable mirror link...
I want build in sat nav but have been told and read that an MIB 2 system is far better with a much cleaner display....hence the requirement for the above.

Thanks for your all your advices

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Your existing FeC codes like bluetooth, voice control etc. can be returned to the new system but navi is not possible. It is not even possible if you swap from MIB1 navi to MIB2 navi. MIB2 has different FeC for navi enablation.

Only option is to send the unit for hacking. They can enable all the features the MIB2 supports.

And yes, don't go from MIB1 non-navi to MIB1 navi. MIB1 is waste if you can get MIB2 for the same amount of money basically.

Back