Im new here. Jack, don't cut me deep. but please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wow.

My question STILL isn't answered.

You didn't show your work either.... ;)

Your answer is "unaccaptable" "Bullshit" "Horse shit" and some other choice quotes coming straight from you.

Garbage in, Garbage out!

NostraJackASS helps those, which help themselves into the road gutter ditch & like an old empty beer can!

thesneeze.gif

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
Kahlua,

What is really so hard about understanding how taking the two wires per coil that are the grounds, further using WD and making them go direct to a bus or directly to battery ground with larger wire to enhance the connectivity or attenuation under load?

why are we still talking about grounds?

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
I logged o2 stuff today.

ran at 3000 rpm to see Kohms.

Exxcel won't let me copy and paste for some reason.

anyway.

B1S1= .1 Kohm for a while. then goes to 0Kohm.
B2S1= .1 Kohm for a while. then goes to 0Kohm at different times than B1

B2 fluctuates on heater on or off much more than B1.

Cold, the car pulled to redline this morning though. not after warm up...

Checking Knock sensor tomorrow.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
why are we still talking about grounds?

You didn't show your work..........let's see the truth tables for grounds in pictures please. :rolleyes:

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
Compreender, Estudar, Ler Nas Entrelinhas, Leer, Interpretar, Interpretare, Oir, Decir, Lire, Yomu, Chitat, Lezan, Lesen, Ablesen, Verstehen, Deuten, Lis, Dechiffrer, Etudier, Leggere, Sudiare, Ricvere.

I don't know how else to say "READ".

THIS PROBLEM WAS THERE BEFORE THE FUCKING COILS WENT IN..... BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT AFTER. BEFORE THE COILS WENT IN!!!!!:rolleyes::banghead::thumbs:

Unliteracy is an epidemic in America.

Last edited:

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
I logged o2 stuff today.

ran at 3000 rpm to see Kohms.

Exxcel won't let me copy and paste for some reason.

anyway.

B1S1= .1 Kohm for a while. then goes to 0Kohm.
B2S1= .1 Kohm for a while. then goes to 0Kohm at different times than B1

B2 fluctuates on heater on or off much more than B1.

Cold, the car pulled to redline this morning though. not after warm up...

Checking Knock sensor tomorrow.

Catahula, been following this some. I see your interaction with Jack is normal, he is just trying to help, and I laugh, as I say his phone persona is better than here, but at the end of the day has helped me a bunch, and most of it my own fault, sad to say, I hate it when that happens.

As I see it your loosing or intermittent B1S1/B2S1 which would indeed create an issue. Noted!!!!!! unit runs stellar until hot, then not, Hey that rhymes, LOL. This is indicative to me of loosing connections because of heat, thus expansion or as Jack has alluded too, ground or loss of power, would appear to definitely be a connection issue and not an sensor issue, could be wrong but not looking so.

being that you have issues on both 02, would appear to be upstream for both and not having a Bently for this car what ever else is on that buss,, anyway good luck, and by the way I'm in Lake Stevens Wa.

Larimore.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Compreender, Estudar, Ler Nas Entrelinhas, Leer, Interpretar, Interpretare, Oir, Decir, Lire, Yomu, Chitat, Lezan, Lesen, Ablesen, Verstehen, Deuten, Lis, Dechiffrer, Etudier, Leggere, Sudiare, Ricvere.

I don't know how else to say "READ".

THIS PROBLEM WAS THERE BEFORE THE FUCKING COILS WENT IN..... BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT AFTER. BEFORE THE COILS WENT IN!!!!!:rolleyes::banghead::thumbs:

Unliteracy is an epidemic in America.

R1-1_MOD__34542.1522940971.JPG

Drink a shot of Kahlua.......

Now that you have been medicated :rolleyes:

You fail to realize that the grounds were probably and most likely "BAD," before you changed to the even more inferior race of coils & with now problems compounded, with infestation of vicarious FOD!

il·lit·er·a·cy
i(l)ˈlidərəsē/
noun
[COLOR=#878787 !important]

• the inability to read or write.
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the ineffective educational system meant that illiteracy was widespread"[/COLOR]
    synonyms:inability to read or write More

• lack of knowledge in a particular subject; ignorance.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"his economic illiteracy"[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Emmmm could be?

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
As I see it your loosing or intermittent B1S1/B2S1 which would indeed create an issue. Noted!!!!!! unit runs stellar until hot, then not, Hey that rhymes, LOL. This is indicative to me of loosing connections because of heat,

I attest this to open loop vs. closed loop. Or as you suggest losing ground because of heat.

I need to test vacuum hotter maybe.

I have redone grounds a couple of times (while waiting for Jack to actually explain why my grounds were so wrong. No explanation until I got hostile) while being belittled for not knowing even asking for multiple days.

I'm wrong about open loop to closed loop, today I got on it cold to misfire again. Could be O2, but they don't play until warm (closed loop) I think.
I'll replace the O2's as they seem to be failing. I still haven't had a chance to test or log Knock, maybe the sensor is working and I actually am pinging.

Happy to have an intelligent conversation about this.

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
I attest this to open loop vs. closed loop. Or as you suggest losing ground because of heat.

I need to test vacuum hotter maybe.

I have redone grounds a couple of times (while waiting for Jack to actually explain why my grounds were so wrong. No explanation until I got hostile) while being belittled for not knowing even asking for multiple days.

I'm wrong about open loop to closed loop, today I got on it cold to misfire again. Could be O2, but they don't play until warm (closed loop) I think.
I'll replace the O2's as they seem to be failing. I still haven't had a chance to test or log Knock, maybe the sensor is working and I actually am pinging.

Happy to have an intelligent conversation about this.

Catahula, Jack will tell us to our faces he can be and ass, unfortunately a very intelligent ASS, which sometimes hurts just deal with it.

I got to thinking about my comment after and thought the loss of OHM was maybe just on the heater side which in most cases only effects the warm up time for emissions. That said if that circuit is corrupted it is possible the rest of the lomb is. But, seeing it on both side 1/2 still possible but less likely. Question if what you stated is true why is it going in and out of loop, as after warm should lock on and stay there. That is on VW VAG, out of my pay grade, again could be best answered by the resident ASS.

Open loop always runs chubbier than closed so might not start to misfire until it gets leaner.

Went back over some of this right from the beginning. I noted misfire in all 6 holes, so probably would not have replaced all 6 coiles as not likely lightening to strike in 6 places, but your call, and certainly could illusd to Jacks assertions of a power and ground issue. Missfire is fuel, compression or lack of plasma, any of the 3, or all 3.

Then reading some of this initially was a boost issue which you stated you fixed or thought you did. This is not argumentative but out of experience. We had a dodge Sprinter which would only fail after hot, sound familiar. Being diesel would code, limp mode then once shutting key off would start right up and run good or not. In the end even though testing with pressure as you stated, was found to be a cracked inter-cooler (aluminum) which would only open under higher boost and heat, sound familiar. Was eventually found but struggled to do it. Being aluminum would scrubb off the heat quickly then would hold until higher boost and more heat, was a real mother too find. This would not manifest itself till higher temps, and about 15/20 lbs boost, lower than temps or pressure worked fine.

I don't propose to understand all of the Vag strategy, but know in most systems fueling will be accommodated by boost, and if boost is low, fueling might for load and RPM also be too lean using a matrix from boost and RPM, and other factors. Again I'm speaking out of turn here as don't know the protocol like Jack or UWE, and others. But the answer is in the logs as that is some sweet data not available in most scanners.

stated (I need to test vacuum hotter maybe.) As jack stated might electrical, my guess more than one issue, usually is.

Good Luck

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
Catahula, went back over some of your original post and logs. Logging is fairly new to me so need some light shed on it, most likely from Jack or UWE. But noted during misfire disabled times boost specified which is not read out in LBS is in %, again I'm learning right along with you, but noted for what ever reason your boost as I see it during missfire in the 26 area is actually above specified, and don't propose to understand that and how it effects us. But Jack illumined to blowing out the candle, possible what he meant.

Also notice almost no misfires in 1 and 2, possible compression in those holes better than others making them more tolerant to fluctuating fuel or spark mix, just an opinion, Also don't know the fireing order on a V6 or their position on the block, thus trying to establish if their position is congruent in any form to the misfire, say manifold leak ect.
Code:
        26.86	3960	120.3	2030	1440	27.16	167.7	167.2	119.5	10.2	26.56	3880	34	10.2	1440
	27.77	4120	120.3	2020	1450	28.08	167.7	165.7	115.8	10.2	27.48	4040	34	10.2	1440
	28.68	3560	9	1010	1170	28.99	174.4	173.1	10.5	0	28.38	4000	34	0	1340
	29.59	2360	10.5	1010	1060	29.89	169.9	168.7	10.5	0	29.29	2720	36	0	1080
	30.5	1240	10.5	1010	1040	30.79	118.8	117.9	18.8	0	30.19	1600	39	0	1040
	31.39	960	15	1010	1020	31.7	109.8	109	15.8	0	31.1	1080	39	0	1030
	32.3	800	14.3	1010	1020	32.6	109.8	107.5	15.8	0	32	840	40

The beauty here is Jack can teach us a butt load of info that we would miss, just how it is.

Larimore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
But Jack illumined to blowing out the candle, possible what he meant.

Watch what happens when the grounds are insufficient.......

It is not cryptic........... :rolleyes:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I still dont see where Kahlua showed his work but in the spirit of trying to get some image up....... here you go collective.

I found an old picture, however, this still isn't a final completed install and was to me mailed out to someone on bench & to show them a quick idea of what and how I wired it to make use of their own plastic holder and foil tape to shield it.

These are all new gold plated connectors and plastic lock housings in addition the wires are Teflon stainless steel core for the heat.
I helped design the kits sold by Bremi/STI/Karlyn Industries here in Tuxedo NY & I highly recommend them over the other shitty kits that are in circulation on the web because these I insisted as did Karl on the proper wire extraction tool being included!

images

https://s33.postimg.cc/ckig690db/100_2003.jpg

https://postimg.cc/image/a36oyzggr/

100_2003.jpg

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
I still dont see where Kahlua showed his work but in the spirit of trying to get some image up....... here you go collective.

I found an old picture, however, this still isn't a final completed install and was to me mailed out to someone on bench & to show them a quick idea of what and how I wired it to make use of their own plastic holder and foil tape to shield it.

These are all new gold plated connectors and plastic lock housings in addition the wires are Teflon stainless steel core for the heat.
I helped design the kits sold by Bremi/STI/Karlyn Industries here in Tuxedo NY & I highly recommend them over the other shitty kits that are in circulation on the web because these I insisted as did Karl on the proper wire extraction tool being included!

images

https://s33.postimg.cc/ckig690db/100_2003.jpg

https://postimg.cc/image/a36oyzggr/

100_2003.jpg

Jack, do they make connectors for other cars?, or is this just audi/VW specific as sometimes just buying connectors on tired systems can be a deal breaker.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack, do they make connectors for other cars?

There are coil connectors made for many cars but this is a custom kit........ maybe try Wurth?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wurth? Do they still exist?

Sorry Jack I had to say it! LOL:p

Good Luck

Yeah Wurth USA is Wurthless especially the location in Ramsey NJ!

Wurth WSO supply out of Germany though is much better & at least they pack the orders without the contents all being intertwined, I am still waiting for the connectors too SLMC!

I can't make that up either, worldwide back order!

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
thanks for finally posting pictures.

Last edited:

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
To the Exhaust manifolds?

Really? How about all of the ground bullshit you were talking earlier?

Catahula

On Probation
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=33412
Seriously????

Uwe.....

Delete this entire thread. Jack Ass Anonymous has contradicted himself enough times that in just stoopid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back