No response from controller

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
I've been trying to figure out why my airbag light won't go off. There aren't any fault codes to be found. I have scanned the whole system and nothING appears. I have scanned the individual component and all I get is "No response from Controller.
Do I have to disassemble and physically go to the controller? Yesterday I removed both front seats and checked for any obvious wiring issues and I couldn't see anything. I also removed the panels next to both seats to inspect the wiring,, nothing.
Does anyone have any thoughts before I dig any deeper?:confused:

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Hi Jack,
So, are those three the only possibilities ?
Wouldn't some code appear if what you're saying is so . Or would no code appear?
fuses - are fine unless it's in a place other than the fuses on the face
water - how to determine if no longer present. Was inside the garage all of the time , hasn't seen water in a year.
grounds- would that not show up in a scan?

ALSO , i opened and read the thing you added to your reply. I have no clue what the significance was or was that mistaken?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
It's procedure.........JPPSG for good information guide.

Do you have a manual?
I don't even know WTF car we are speaking of here ......that's why scan and JPPSG.
Maybe I could look at WD if I knew these things to help.

Post the scan please.........

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Sorry , I assumed that the car of the member popped up with the info.
The car is a 1v 2002 vw cabrio

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
The scan brought nothing about the airbag light. This is why I'm reaching out for any thoughts on the subject .
When attempting to scan I get a no response from controller message. I think I mentioned that .

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The scan brought nothing about the airbag light. This is why I'm reaching out for any thoughts on the subject .
When attempting to scan I get a no response from controller message. I think I mentioned that .

I disagree.........
The scan helps us see what other modules are on there as part of the config to cross stuff.

Not having faults is not the only comparison.

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Ok, good to know . There's a learning curve here for novices. I'll take another scan today .

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
02 cabrio owner
Jack, I'm having a real hard time understanding your style of communication, only with you .

the manner in which you respond leads one to think that you are being rather snarky and impatient.
Also from your responses it also looks like you are not reading the initial post. In the past i have posted every little thing that i thought relevant to the issue only for you to respond asking questions even though the answer to your question has been already been included in the post. So given that this vcds product is new to those who buy it {stating the obvious} we are learning as we go. Your responses sound like you are fed up with these amateurs who don't get it. So do me a favour , if you ever see a post from me please go to the next one.
So bottom line is that you come across as being quite arrogant. If I'm wrong so be it.

I spent over $400 for this piece of equipment over other products for the simple reason that it claimed to have helpful advice on it's forum or from it's people.
Again please don't respond to my posts ,just pass it on.
Have a good day.​

I am in receipt of you really nice PM.........much obliged thank you! it does hurt my heart on my sleeve.........sigh

No problem, I can set you to ignore, however, I am truly sorry I was trying to help you, and respectfully apologize for this.

Again........ I am sorry if you feel this way, because that is not my intent.

Maybe rather than getting argumentative or taking the time to write a PM such as this, why not focus on what people are asking you for, you know........ "to help you" ...........such as the auto-scan?

So we went from "good to know"....... to this? :cry:

That said......... I will set you to ignore as you requested...........let me know if you change your mind.

themadscientist

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=168693
Jack, maybe you could refer him to bright minds at Vortex :p

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Jack, maybe you could refer him to bright minds at Vortex :p

1099.gif

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Nah the guys just frustrated........ Fuck the Whoretex ........I'm prepared to help him with one contingency, which is asking me to not ignore him.

I was really trying to help him...........meanwhile I'm in the corner just thinking of graham crackers with cinnamon .

JPPSG!

By design helps the noobs and even the guys like me..........because even I make mistakes......... aside from me being a king asshole.

No good deed goes unpunished.........

sazimam

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=217645
Check power to the unit. If you can send me a brand of the car + model - ;) I will send you the wiring diagram

COBHONIAN

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=270149
Thanks , for the response. The car is a VW 2.0 CABRIO AUTOMATIC. The VIN is 3VWDC21VX2M803667.

Back