Coding ABS module (Bosch 5.7)

Apexmaster33

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318501
Hey guys.
Ok its fixed. My abs light off no fault code no brake light. ABS works I got up to speed and slammed brakes my brake pedal kicked back.
Thank you for all help.
Now I'm getting codes for random misfire on all 6? And 02 sensor code B1S1. I was told I need replace the catalytic converter.
See my auto scan for codes if needed.

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
ABS light stay on whenever you are logged into ABS module will not go off with or without codes if you are logged in with VCDS.
Glad you got it.

You have miss fires on all 6 cyl. Check for oil in spark plug holes. Valve cover leaks in the holes. The o2 sensor is heater circuit for o2 most likely needs an o2 replaced.
Clear codes and see what comes back.

Good Luck

Reactions: Uwe

Supermiriafiori

Reaction score
So I was able to get the correct code under soft code now and under shop# it say wsc00000. I also calibrate steering says ok. And showing no fault code but still have ABS light on.
Btw I also have issue w brake dash light flashing . book says it has to do with low brake fluid but I'm top up to max. I noticed with ignition when the brake light starts flashing it break connection between vsdc for a split second then it starts again

I have the same issue as you had. Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3L Petrol (ASN engine) 6 speed manual 2003. I worked out the same codes (my wheels are 17" not 16" as quoted on RossTech Wiki, but PR is 1LT). Logged in but could not code. Found others on the Internet with the same car and the same problem. How did you sort your ABS coding out? Were the codes right, if not, what were the codes? Many thanks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I have the same issue as you had. Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3L Petrol (ASN engine) 6 speed manual 2003. I worked out the same codes (my wheels are 17" not 16" as quoted on RossTech Wiki, but PR is 1LT).
That's the size of the wheels installed on the car. That's the size of the brakes, which determines the minimum wheel size that will fit (for example with snow tires).

-Uwe-

Back