Long Coding no longer applicable to newer cars? 2019 Jetta

WunderWagen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4411
Hello everyone, just upgraded to the latest HEX-CAN to work with a recently purchased 2019 Jetta S. I tried to access the BCM to review long coding options but it said they were no longer supported on the newer cars. How can we look at options and select them nowadays?

P.S. I tried searching "2019 Jetta" but nothing relevant came up.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
The modification of the cars configuration on the newest MQB cars is mostly or solely done by means of the adaptation channels.

WunderWagen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4411
Okay, is there a tutorial on how that is done? I checked the Adaption mode and there is no "helper" like there was for coding. Is there a list of Adaption channels for cars and what the various settings are?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You can dump a list of all the channels and their values (likely over 2000 of them) using the Controller Channel Map function. Many channels have somewhat descriptive names.

Is there something specific you're looking to do?

-Uwe-

WunderWagen

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4411
Hi Uwe, really just the ROW stuff that on older cars I enabled via coding through the convenience module... like window control from key FOB. Not sure what ROW options are available for a 2019 Jetta that might be interesting to enable.

One thing I was curious about is that our car has the Driver Assistance Package which has the radar sensor for emergency braking. Wondered if it was possible to upgrade the cruise control to active.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi Uwe, really just the ROW stuff that on older cars I enabled via coding through the convenience module... like window control from key FOB.
I'm pretty sure that's doable, although I've not done any of it myself on a car that new. Post an Adaptation Channel Map and I'm confident you'll get help with it.

One thing I was curious about is that our car has the Driver Assistance Package which has the radar sensor for emergency braking. Wondered if it was possible to upgrade the cruise control to active.
I don't think that's doable. This is now a matter crypto-signed Feature Enabling Codes. However, I'm surprised that a car with "Driver Assistance Package" doesn't have ACC...?

-Uwe-

Back