Auto Lock Issue on 2017 B8 Passat

fschaeffer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320941
i thought I had successfully programmed the auto lock function, so that when I exit the car with the keys with me, the car is automatically locked when the door is shut

It worked perfectly till yesterday when I exited the car with the keys, left the ENGINE RUNNING and closed the door. it locked the car and would not recognise any command from the remote control key... I panicked was there was no way to unlock the car and the car had the engine running. Then I remembered about that small physical key inside the remote control key - I removed the plastic piece on the door handle that covers the lock and was able to unlock the car...

this the coding used taken from here -> https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-passat-b8/kessy-automatisches-zusperren-verriegeln.php

STG 05 (entry / start authorization)
STG access authorization -> Function 16
deposit LoginCode 20103
STG long coding -> function 07
Bye 2
enable Bit 4
STG adjustment -> function 10
Select passive_exit_door_slam_lock - channel byte1
put emphasis on active

Anyone has a different coding and/or has experienced this before?

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
To enable remote control keys with engine running there is an adaption channel in the BCM, named something along "Funk bei Klemme 15 ein".

On your problem: since I suspect you are having KESSY, how did you manage to keep the engine running? This issue might be a reason this option isn't normally available, neither by setting nor by payed option...

fschaeffer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320941
To enable remote control keys with engine running there is an adaption channel in the BCM, named something along "Funk bei Klemme 15 ein".

On your problem: since I suspect you are having KESSY, how did you manage to keep the engine running? This issue might be a reason this option isn't normally available, neither by setting nor by payed option...

hello, yes my car has KESSY, just like my older Golf Sportswagen. When you exit the car with the keys and the engine running, the engine continues to run.. this is normal functionality. You will have a problem to restart the car, if someone turns off the engine and retries to turn it back on again with the keys outside the car..

Thus from my understanding, this functionality is not possible when you have KESSY? Translating "Funk bei Klemme 15 ein" into english is something like "Radio at terminal 15 on" Do you know what this adaptation does?

thanks

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Translating "Funk bei Klemme 15 ein" into english is something like "Radio at terminal 15 on" Do you know what this adaptation does?

It allows the car to react to remote control commands while ignition is on.

Reactions: Uwe

fschaeffer

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=320941
Oh great and Thanks

Any guesses why this adaption to allow he CAR to react to remote control keys while ignition is on is by default disabled ?

Back