MK5 Jetta TDI Aftermarket Intake??

ClassicWolves

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319721
For some reason i cant seem to find any aftermarket Cold Intakes for my MK5. Does anyone know where to find/buy them? I cant seem to find any luck online with Google.

2006 VW Jetta TDI 1.9L BRM Engine

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
For some reason i cant seem to find any aftermarket Cold Intakes for my MK5. Does anyone know where to find/buy them? I cant seem to find any luck online with Google.

2006 VW Jetta TDI 1.9L BRM Engine

Your car left the factory with an excellent cold air intake. The only thing that an after market CAI will do is to modify the noise your engine makes while having little positive effect on performance. The thing that these intakes do best is to transfer money from your wallet to someone else's wallet. If you want some reading look here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=290373

Have Fun!

Don

ClassicWolves

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=319721
Ah that would make sense, also sorry ive been without internet for a while. So from what i see it obviously doesnt improve performance, just increases noise? Doesnt seem to much worth it. Sounds like its one of those cases for it to be beneficial id need a Tune yes?

JSWTDI09

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=96924
Ah that would make sense, also sorry ive been without internet for a while. So from what i see it obviously doesnt improve performance, just increases noise? Doesnt seem to much worth it. Sounds like its one of those cases for it to be beneficial id need a Tune yes?

Your turbocharger and the excellent stock CAI intake system can supply more than enough air for your TDI unless you make some serious modifications to the engine (like a bigger turbo and injectors). Of course, this kind of power would be very expensive and require a custom tune. Assuming that you want to keep the stock turbo and fuel system, no hardware changes are necessary.
As for a tune itself, it is definitely the biggest "bang for the buck" power modification for your engine if power is your only goal. However, just about any tune will change (and probably harm) your emissions and void your engine's warranty. Therefore, these are probably also technically illegal not to mention morally questionable. The choice is yours. How much power do you need (want?) and what cost are you willing to pay for it?
When it comes to car modifications, my motto is "learn first and spend money second". There are a lot of people selling "upgrades" that aren't worth the money unless your only goal is looks. For example, I would only modify the intake if I had good reason to believe that engine would benefit from getting more air. First things first.;)

Have Fun!

Don

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680

If you want to increase performance then best choice to do chip tuning .Intake on your car is good even for updated turbo version. with Stock turbo and Putting different Intake make cause actually decrease performance .

If you want you can contact me I can do tuning for you .

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Tuning this engine would be a mistake and cost you a clutch shortly afterward, in addition it's illegal for road use.

The PD engine suffers from inadequate lubrication points of high friction & has never been addressed.

Did you know the best upgrade would be to change the sprocket size going smaller for the oil pump & to increase available oil PSI to the valve train by installing a stiffer bypass spring, further monitoring PSI in car with a gauge set?

And did you know adding a distribution oil line fed from in head main oil port & to each lifter and PD ramp also helps in a huge way for reducing the friction issues exhibited in this engine?

Did you know crank squirt nozzles and fabrication to line is best since the ball valve only opens under regulated load and ensures PSI needed for lubrication during start up?

Did you know this mod would than allow for the use of cheaper SAE oil & that will seal the rings far superior and aid in compression numbers that the synthetic spec can't achieve & decrease blow by or carbon deposits as a result?

Back