The TRUMP POTUS "Tribute" & "Tribulations" of the Politically Incorrect....!

Let This Thread Live or Shut It Down?

• Let it Live!

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Kill it With Fire!

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
tenor.gif

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/su...ee-s-violent-drunken-behavior-college-n915326

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/01/politics/donald-trump-brett-kavanaugh-fbi-investigation/index.html

181001-brett-kavanaugh-mc-1254_0ddec937af3c635f4c97b4f9135e96a0.fit-760w.JPG

260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

Trump decries 'trauma' done to Kavanaugh, calls for 'comprehensive' investigation

Yale classmate

to tell FBI of Brett Kavanaugh's 'violent drunken' behavior

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
What does this mean to you? "neo-Nazis" ... "condemned totally"
Well let's fill that ellipsis back in and see what we have:

I'm not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally –
Should be, but haven't: "Mom, I'm not talking about my disaster of a room and my overflowing laundry hamper, because they should be cleaned totally"

I think is from his third address on the topic? The one meant to take back the second one, which he regretted giving. Why the hell do you need to take back a speech condemning Nazis?

but you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists, okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.
Exactly who are these other people, and specifically how have the press treated them?

Let's return to the "different movies" analogy:

In my movie, if I should ever find myself in a group of people chanting "blood and soil" and "Jews will not replace us", the press will not characterize me in any way, because I'm going to remove myself from that situation immediately. My shoes are made for walking. I'm going to make like a tree and get the fuck out of there. I'm in the wind. I'm on the midnight train going anywhere.

In your movie, do you stick around and find common cause with these folks?

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Here's a lefty source describing how violence "on both sides" isn't just a figment of President Trump's imagination:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/8/29/16216346/antifa-violence

I tend think the guy who organized the Charlottesville rally is controlled opposition:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally

Here's another far-left source for ya:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2017/08/17/jason-kessler-soros-deep-state-plant/

Was Jason Kessler a Barack Obama supporter?

True. He told us (and has consistently said elsewhere) that he was an Obama supporter and voted for him. He says he began to sour on Obama and the Democrats during Obama’s second administration because of their focus on what Kessler terms “identity politics.”

I'd prefer that violent radicals don't tear down monuments in my town, as some sort of revisionist history scrubbing but I'm not sure I would take to the streets over it either.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Ain't it funny how different still pictures taken within a short time of each other convey such different sentiments?
No.

One of those pictures was taken while she was expressing gratitude for receiving a cup of coffee she requested. The other was taken while she bared her soul in front of an entire nation, giving a graphic account of a sexual assault that changed her life. They are going to look somewhat different.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Not literally or even figuratively; he's a patron of the sex worker in question, but I'll stipulate he doesn't seem to be a real standup guy based on that article. That said, I haven't researched it deeply, and nasty divorce fights are notorious for mudslinging.

Just to plant some goalposts in concrete here... it sounds like you DO NOT support those who lie, commit fraud, and patronize sex workers while married. That seems like a very reasonable position to me. Can you confirm that's your position?

I used to use them for shaming friends and relatives who forwarded me chain letters back in the day, but now I use Snopes as a sort of anti-truth test. If Snopes "debunks" it, it's probably not-debunked.
So you were fine with them at one point, and then something changed. Was it solely the allegations in that article?

If convenient, would you mind sharing a few examples of poor work they've done?

Can you provide some foundation for the "far-left" assertion? If you find they debunk more statements by Republicans than Democrats, have you considered the possibility that Republicans and Democrats mislead and lie at different rates?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Just check out who runs it.
Okay:

I Googled David Mikkelson and scanned through the first two pages of results. Most of it tied back to the ongoing conflict with Proper Media. I can't find any information linking David Mikkelson to a particular political party, position, or opinion.

Further, having read about the suit in more depth, it doesn't seem like Proper Media has particularly clean hands, or is likely to succeed in its suit. Everything else is messy divorce fighting that has nothing to do with the Snopes mission.

Snopes editorial board policy:
Members of the Snopes.com editorial staff are precluded from donating to, or participating in, political campaigns, political party activities, or political advocacy organizations.

From Wikipedia:
In 2012, FactCheck.org reviewed a sample of Snopes' responses to political rumors regarding George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama, and found them to be free from bias in all cases.[27][28] In 2012, The Florida Times-Union reported that About.com's urban legends researcher found a "consistent effort to provide even-handed analyses" and that Snopes' cited sources and numerous reputable analyses of its content confirm its accuracy.[29] Mikkelson has said that the site receives more complaints of liberal bias than conservative bias, but states that the same debunking standards are applied to all political urban legends.[27]

I also paged through his 20 or so most recent Twitter posts. I came up with three involving political figures. Two of the three would be viewed as favorable to the Trump administration, that is to say, they debunk rumors or articles that are disfavorable to Trump.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/mike-pence-gay-aliens/
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/peter-strzok-tweet-trump-dictator-unhinged-madman/
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/allahu-akbar-rally/

What did I miss?

Denying it would be like claiming my bar isn't right/libertarian biased. ;)
Libertarian? Sure.

I would not insult you by attaching your name to the "Right" in America today.

(in case that wasn't clear, that was a complement)

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
On the one hand, this isn't the hill people should be trying to die on. If abuse of the system occurred, I don't know if it would make the top 20 abuses.

On the other hand...

A law signed by President Barack Obama in 2016 says that, except for testing, the emergency alert system "shall not be used to transmit a message that does not relate to a natural disaster, act of terrorism, or other man-made disaster or threat to public safety."

President Trump feels very free to casually redefine terms like "national security" and "enemy of the people" in unique ways that he finds personally expedient, and bypassing the media to communicate directly to the people is kind of his thing.

So yeah. He hasn't done it yet, but there's absolutely nothing stopping him. I don't know if he will. I know if he does, Trump supporters will instantly pivot from "he would never, look at the deranged libs" to "of course he did, he had to because of the MSM fake news, look at the triggered libs".

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I Googled David Mikkelson
And of course there's no bias at Google itself? Oh, wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
(I'm amazed that this is actually available on YT)
Every single person there seemed to have a negative view of the election results.

Libertarian? Sure.
I would not insult you by attaching your name to the "Right" in America today.
(in case that wasn't clear, that was a complement)
I would not take it as an insult. Although I'm philosophically opposed to imposing my views on others using the power of government, and hence refuse to vote, I do feel that I have more in common with the "Right" in America today than the "Left".

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Replying to myself...

President Trump feels very free to casually redefine terms like "national security" and "enemy of the people" in unique ways that he finds personally expedient, and bypassing the media to communicate directly to the people is kind of his thing.

Contents of my spam folder this morning seemed apropos: REAL NEWS STRAIGHT TO MY PHONE. :)

trump-spam.jpg

Reactions: Uwe

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Is this at the bottom?

Paid for by Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee authorized by and composed of Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. and the Republican National Committee.

I submitted suggestions to greatagain.gov (I think) and seem to be on mailing lists as a result.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
And of course there's no bias at Google itself? Oh, wait...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf9UxsM-NE
(I'm amazed that this is actually available on YT)
Every single person there seemed to have a negative view of the election results.
Are they not permitted to have an opinion? Do you feel their opinion is unjust, invalid, or lacks foundation? Do you have evidence their opinion affects their search functionality or other businesses?

Returning to David Mikkelson, I'd be happy to review a source of your choice, and revise my opinion if it turns out he's a patchouli scented granola munching commune dwelling hippie that exerts significant editorial control over his staff's choice of topics and work products.

I would not take it as an insult. Although I'm philosophically opposed to imposing my views on others using the power of government, and hence refuse to vote, I do feel that I have more in common with the "Right" in America today than the "Left".

If you have issues with unrestrained, blind faith in authoritarianism:

Trump's right about one thing though- he could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and not lose most of his support. 45% say they would still approve of him even if he shot someone to 29% who say they would disapprove, and 26% who aren't sure one way or the other.

Or if you enjoy an qualified and impartial judiciary system:

... We regret that we feel compelled to write to you, our Senators, to provide our views that at the Senate hearings on Sept. 27, Judge Brett Kavanaugh displayed a lack of judicial temperament that would be disqualifying for any court, and certainly for elevation to the highest court of this land.

... We have differing views about the other qualifications of Judge Kavanaugh. But we are united, as professors of law and scholars of judicial institutions, in believing that he did not display the impartiality and judicial temperament requisite to sit on the highest court of our land.

Or if you'd like your wife treated with respect:

I moved on her, and I failed. I'll admit it.

I did try and fuck her. She was married.

And I moved on her very heavily. In fact, I took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture. I said, "I'll show you where they have some nice furniture." I took her out furniture—I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn't get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she's now got the big phony tits and everything. She's totally changed her look.

I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

And your daughter treated like more than a piece of meat:

His position as the pageant’s owner entitled him to that kind of access, Trump explained, seemingly aware that what he was doing made the women uncomfortable. “You know, no men are anywhere. And I’m allowed to go in because I’m the owner of the pageant. And therefore I’m inspecting it… Is everyone OK? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. And you see these incredible-looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that,” he said.

Then your moral compass stands apart from the Right in America today, because this is only a tiny sample of what the Right consents to and supports and enthusiastically votes for.

Consider paying the dirty commie side a visit. We're a friendly, welcoming bunch. More into personal freedom than you think. We'll even discuss responsible gun ownership. Meetings every other Tuesday, with refreshments! :D

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Is this at the bottom?

I submitted suggestions to greatagain.gov (I think) and seem to be on mailing lists as a result.
Yeah. This bit of hilarity was on Reddit the other day, and I had some fun filling it out. And, in a momentary lapse of judgment, I put my actual contact info in at the bottom. I can confirm they definitely did not process my answers, because now I'm on a Trump supporter email list. :rolleyes:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Just arrived:

2hKhBtW.jpg

I think Lindsey used the lifeboat shortly after that pic. :)

I also pre-ordered Gorka's book ... while watching this:

Back